rearend is done pretty .........

mark007

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
much, with the exception i need to get it to a chasis shop. there they can install the torque box re-enforcements, and put on the subframe connectors. then im back underneath to do the panhard bar. After that done deal on this end, save for the exhaust, and new gas tank(possibly).

20637310672_large.jpg

20637310693_large.jpg

20637310690_large.jpg

more pics and info here. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2063731/4

How many times have you dropped that gas tank? The rest of the work is outstanding, as usual.

finally got around to do the panhard bar. not much to say, until i get the rest of the pics up, but the rearend is now done. just gotta weldup the subframes, and that should be it.

20637310695_large.jpg

The front suspension and engine bay was torn back down to re-smooth and paint it. The body work and paint were done very nicely this time. While the front assembly was off, this gave great opportunity to apply the Second Skin Audio product called "Sludge". Sludge is the thickest noise and vibration paste on the market that I've researched. It is stated that one coat is all you need to achieve the minimum effective thickness of 1mm but a total thickness of up to 4mm can be applied in a single coat if desired. We've applied this to from the bumper bracing to just underneath the rear seat. When I drop the gas tank to re-do the pump and routing, I will finsh applying the "Sludge" above the gas tank and trunk area.

Pic of engine bay before paint

16101127_large.jpg

Pics of the "Sludge" added to the frame rails and fender liners.

16101125_large.jpg

Pic of the engine bay after paint. No cutting or buffing yet. K member bolted up and rack in stalled for mock up again. Will take the rack back off to have painted and new fittings and lines put in.

16101131_large.jpg

Wow, I had no idea you had were doing such extensive work with this car, just checked your cardomain too. Awesome job man, looks like great planning, effort put into this car, takes alot of commitment to see one thru like that, damn.

Wow, I had no idea you had were doing such extensive work with this car, just checked your cardomain too. Awesome job man, looks like great planning, effort put into this car, takes alot of commitment to see one thru like that, damn.

thanks for the good words, but theres been alot of trial and error in this build also. and i anticpate many more to come, but it'll be done for sure this year. some of the old heads arouind the forums will know i say that every year, but 007's time has come. its either finished or parted out.

Well, my votes for finished, you have been patient, its not a race. Every nice car Ive ever seen at a show, every single one, took longer and cost more than the owner ever prepared themselves for. The key to them keeping it rather than selling it off was steady progress, even if it was slow.. and patience, lots of patience. Sometimes it takes a reassesment of the end goal or a short break from it to avoid some inevitable burnout, but I think its doable if you have the desire.

Awesome to see engine back in it. It might be just mental but that makes it seem like a project is on the final stretch. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back