Rear Sway Bar End Link Question???

Lincoln Luebbe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I put on the Rotorpros package on my car. While I was in the rear wheel wells I took a look at all my bushings etc since I had a recent squeak develop.

If I grab the spot where the sway bar and the rear sway bar end link bolt togther and there is movement simply by me shaking it then there is a problem right? It does it on both sides, I just want to make sure this isn't some kind of IRS allowable play before I order new end links. If I grab the sway bar up higher and try to move it it doesn't move. It is only the end where the end link meets the sawy bar. Also the end links don't really look destroyed. Just need some expert info.

I will also post this in my rotor thread.

Yesterday I put on the Rotorpros package on my car. While I was in the rear wheel wells I took a look at all my bushings etc since I had a recent squeak develop.

If I grab the spot where the sway bar and the rear sway bar end link bolt togther and there is movement simply by me shaking it then there is a problem right? It does it on both sides, I just want to make sure this isn't some kind of IRS allowable play before I order new end links. If I grab the sway bar up higher and try to move it it doesn't move. It is only the end where the end link meets the sawy bar. Also the end links don't really look destroyed. Just need some expert info.

I will also post this in my rotor thread.

You shouldn't have play. It should feel solid by hand. If you can rattle it then you need sway bar end links. Get the moog ones, they have zerk fittings so you can grease 'em up with your oil changes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back