Rear Sway bar brackets + bushings...

Myco

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
On one side my bracket is broken right off. Do I need to find a ford replacement or will the Energy Suspension brackets work?

1 1/16th right?

Energy suspension wont work because of the style of brackets in the rear. They're pretty hard to find when I was looking for them, I would try Tasca ford in RI

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Is anybody selling the necessary hardware to use the ES bushings? I know DLF used to sell a kit. 98lincmk7lsc?

I have a brand new set for the fronts if you're interested in them.

I'm not looking for the actual bushings or bracket, I can get those myself. I just the hardware to use the energy suspension bushings on the rear sway bar. DLF used to sell a kit that included a spacer to use under the bushing and another piece of metal with a nut tacked on.

Oh alright, gotcha. When you get it all done I would love to see some kind of write up. I'll need to do mine soon and it seems there's an extreme lack of threads pertaining to this subject. Was told by an old mechanic that the subframe would have to be lowered...

Oh alright, gotcha. When you get it all done I would love to see some kind of write up. I'll need to do mine soon and it seems there's an extreme lack of threads pertaining to this subject. Was told by an old mechanic that the subframe would have to be lowered...

I'm using the addco 1.25" rear bar right now with the stock brackets.
There's a write up here.
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/addco-rear-install/index.shtml

I believe the front subframe needs to be dropped to get the front bar in.
A write up for the front is available here.
http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/addco-front-install/index.shtml

Yes sub-frame will need to be lowered for the front bar

No clue if Myco has stock rear sway bar or AM. There is no problem using a good, rust free, stock rear sway bar brackets.

This my modified rear sway bar installation done back in spring 2011. Its still there today working perfectly with no noise, no binding and no problems.

Bought the Addco 1.25" sway bar kit but I re-used the stock Mark8 factory rear sway bar brackets. As with the tccoa article, I had to slightly spread open the bracket to accept the bushing but thats it. The brackets were painted red but remained unmodified.
image.jpg

The modification was performed on the poly bushings that came with the Addco kit. By shaving the Addco bushing down about 5/32", this allowed the flat part of the bushing to sit flush to the mounting surface along with the bracket.

The key note to this particular mod is that it prevents the brackets from having to be bent out of shape. Shaving the bushings relieves the stress at the corners of the brackets once it is installed back on the car.
image.jpg

On the foreground, you see one of the two bushings after it was shaved to sit flush with the brackets mounting surface. Further back is the unmodified second Addco bushing as it came with the kit. You can see the difference between the bushings before and after being shaved. Both bushings were shaved prior to installation.
image.jpg

Greased poly bushings with the new 1.25" anti sway bars and the original oem brackets were re-installed in reverse order from disassembly.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hmmm, I'm going to have to check mine today. The rear end feels weird, almost like it slightly sways and I'm starting to think it might be broken.

Members online

No members online now.
Back