Rear Suspension

PeteyCracks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
First, I apologize if there is already a thread about this. I searched a couple threads but I didn't exactly know the right words for this. But anywho,

About a week ago I came outside and noticed the back of the car was sittin on the wheels. Cranked it up, compressor kicked it and brought it back up. No problems for about 2 days, now its just about every morning I come outside for work and the rear is sittin. At least 50% of the time, maybe more, once I shut the car off, it'll slowly sink down. Is this a problem with the compressor, the ride sensors, or an electrical issue?

The situation you describe would be the air bags leaking down overnight. Probably nothing electrical about it. Easiest way to check the bags for leakage is to start the car and let the compressor do its thing. Get ahold of a spray bottle and dilute some water with a little bit of dishwashing liquid. When the bags are at full inflation spray the solution all over the bags and watch for air bubbles. If the problem just started then you may be able to just replace the bags and solenoids and roll on down the road. Most of the time people live with it until the compressor grenades itself. Then you will be looking at a pretty healthy chunk of change to fix the air bags/compressor, solenoid valves, damaged lines, etc. Just .02 from a former Lincoln tech. Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back