Rear Speakers

skizot722

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an '02 Premium with the 6-disc Alpine system and rear subs in the deck with factory amp. Yes, I've done a lot of searching, but have run across many differing opinions.

One of the rear deck speakers blew, and I'm getting tired of the rattling. What speakers would everyone suggest putting in place? I don't want full-range speakers, since I don't plan on doing any cutting to the deck; I just want drop in replacements. However, I wouldn't mind replacing the amp that's back there, if I need to for nicer speakers. I am trying to remember, but I think the stock amp is something like 85 watts?

6x9's would drop right in if I'm not mistaken. I Put in 2-way 5-1/4 infinitys but I have a sub in the trunk for bass.

You can find some decent 6x8 or 6x9's to work in there. Also, you will have to unbolt and drop that big ackward factory sub box in the trunk to replace the speakers.

Those are subs with only a low frequency input.

I thought it was the amp that had the low pass filter built in?

Yea CDT is about the only company that I've seen that make a mid bass 6X9. The ones by Image Dynamics might be new on the market (the size not the name) as I've never seen them advertised on there before. But yea you right they better produce some good notes for the price.

Last edited:
I forget if the filter is on the speaker (and the amp signal is full range).

the LPF is in the radio, the amp is full range. the speakers play what ever freq's they get sent (no filter at all)

that why when you replace the radio, you should get one that has a LPF, otherwise it really sounds pretty bad

Thanks for the info guys. The first pair of CDTs listed on that page look nice. It would be kind of waste with the stock amp though, right? Isn't it something like 85 watts RMS?

Members online

Back