rear bolster seat removal

lincolnelite

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The instructions for removing the rear bolster is to remove the bolt under the bolster and switch the latch to release and pull. I can't seem to find this latch. Anybody done this before?

I have. It's there, it's just a pain to get to. Keep working at it.

which part of the bolster seat? or will it just show up once the bolt is removed?

No, it doesn't just show up. If I recall correctly, it's near the top of the seat back, on the outer edge. I think I got to it from in the trunk, but I may not be remembering that right. I do recall that I had to hunt for it a while, then it still took a while to activate it once I found it.

No, it doesn't just show up. If I recall correctly, it's near the top of the seat back, on the outer edge. I think I got to it from in the trunk, but I may not be remembering that right. I do recall that I had to hunt for it a while, then it still took a while to activate it once I found it.

I found it, it's the black part of the white plastic tab on the top section. Really tricky to figure out, I used a screw driver to slide it down on the driver side and up on the passenger side (not sure why both sides don't have the same direction to loosen it) Successfully installed the rear speakers and the stock sub amp holder (want to try it first if the the audio is just ok, otherwise going to just buy an aftermarket amp) Haven't hook it up yet to the HU, I am out of time and warmer weather.

yeah I had to use a screw driver to release mine the first time I did it

not sure why both sides don't have the same direction to loosen it

because it is the same part number, and one side is rotated 180* from the other to keep the latch accessible from the inner edge on both sides. yes they could have manufactured two part numbers, a mirror image for each side, but too many little things like that would make the car even more expensive then it already was. most manufactures do this all the time for all sorts of little behind the scenes things.

Members online

Back