realistic estimate

spraymax

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hi, due to other obligations i have decided to put my 98 back together with only a few mods, 01 heads cnc ported by fox lake along with the fr 500 cam kit a psr 03 marauder intake and kooks 1 5/8" headers and a 2.5 exhaust

so just wondering if 300 whp is a realistic expectation with this combo ?

there really is no way to tell..

if it doesnt make 300 RWHP you could just carry it to different dyno's on different days until it did make 300RWP.

before you think I'm being a smartaszz I'm not.

Save yourself alot of frustration and "dont chase numbers".
RWHP is a pointless figure that means very little in the real world.

If you want real world numbers, get a good solid baseline/stock passes in your car.

Then mod your car and make comparision passes under the same conditions
Keeping good log books helps you determine if your actually made more HP due to your mods, or if mother nature was simply smiling upon you that day.

I can tell you from experience, "chasing numbers" can be a very frustrating and expensive ordeal.

first and foremost you need a good baseline.

even if that meant putting a stock POS JY motor in there while your building/putting together your current engine.

Tommy has a valid and good point. But with that being said I think with ported heads and cams you shouldn't have a problem IMHO

The FR500 cams have a 109 center line, with the C heads and intake look at your power band being raised about 1500 to 2000rpm, better have at least 4:10 gears better with 4:36's and a 3500 to 4000 stall. If you go with a stock drive line its going to be a dog.

i'm not looking for the car to be quick off the line just looking for better midrange and then to make some good power up to 7000 rpm

next year i will be looking into the gearvendors under / overdrive unit, a little on the expensive side at over $3000 but it only weighs about 35 lbs. and then i can have the best of both worlds like a 4.30 to get it moving then like a 2.75 on the highway

i'm not looking for the car to be quick off the line just looking for better midrange and then to make some good power up to 7000 rpm

next year i will be looking into the gearvendors under / overdrive unit, a little on the expensive side at over $3000 but it only weighs about 35 lbs. and then i can have the best of both worlds like a 4.30 to get it moving then like a 2.75 on the highway

Not needed with this car.
You have the best of both worlds now, just put in the gears and forget it.
Your 3k could be spent on better things.
A converter comes to mind.

the GV unit is meant for non-OD cars. you would be fine with 4.10s and you stock OD (.70 i think)

LOL
I get into it more then I should.
But no kidding the gen 2 with 4.10s gets better mileage then the 93 stock as a DD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back