Ran against my Buddies 2007 Mustang

panthermike

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I went up North for a couple of days to hang out with my friends, and go to a graduation.

Anyways, one of my friends has a 2007 Mustang w/ the V6. These cars have been tested at 6.9 0-60, I forgot the 1/4 times. He wanted to run, so we found a back country road.

The first race was a 30 roll, shut down about 70, I had two cars on him. The second one was pretty bad, the road was wet and it was raining. Of course I left traction control on. We went from a dig, we stayed even for about the first 50-75ft, both spinning. I caught traction sooner than him, 7 cars ahead by 65. We didn't go any faster because of the rain. The Mark felt really good too, pulling hard.

Not trying to brag or anything, just letting people know Mark's can handle the V6 Mustangs. BTW, his car has 37K miles, no mods; my car has 87K miles and an exhaust, nothing else. I was also SO close to racing his brother's LT1 Caprice, but he wussed out. Not sure how that would have turned out, but the LT1 has 197K miles, exhaust and CAI.

So far I've been impressed w/ the Mark, beat the Mustang, and a Cadillac Northstar STS. I did lose by 3/4 of a car to a G35(up to 50mph, local road).

Nice. The new style (S197) Mustang sixxer turns mid 15's in the 1/4....low 15's with a real good driver. They are pretty peppy cars. They are a drivers race against a stock (Sn95 1996-1998) Mustang GT.

Good race!

You would have slaughtered the Caprice! They are nothing to brag about at all! I saw a 96 Impala SS running mid 15's in the 1/4 modded. They are not fast! Think of it this way, the LT1 in the Camaro makes it a drivers race for a stock New Edge Mustang GT (99-04) which run a low 14 stock in the 1/4. With all that extra weight a Caprice or Impala has + the fact they are tuned more conservatively than a Camaro make perfect logical sense why they are so much slower.

My friend's 08 V6 Stang runs low 13's modded out with a built motor and a Zex it. It's bad ass...

Good win! I hate the fact that we are talking about beating a V6 mustang. If only ford would make a new Mark with some new power. So sad

Good win! I hate the fact that we are talking about beating a V6 mustang. If only ford would make a new Mark with some new power. So sad

Yeah, no kidding. They're starting to make 4/6 cylinders more and more powerful. The new Ecoboost looks to be a kick a*s engine.

Nice. The new style (S197) Mustang sixxer turns mid 15's in the 1/4....low 15's with a real good driver. They are pretty peppy cars. They are a drivers race against a stock (Sn95 1996-1998) Mustang GT.

Good race!

You would have slaughtered the Caprice! They are nothing to brag about at all! I saw a 96 Impala SS running mid 15's in the 1/4 modded. They are not fast! Think of it this way, the LT1 in the Camaro makes it a drivers race for a stock New Edge Mustang GT (99-04) which run a low 14 stock in the 1/4. With all that extra weight a Caprice or Impala has + the fact they are tuned more conservatively than a Camaro make perfect logical sense why they are so much slower.

Even if I did slaughter him, it still would have been a cool race. I've been wanting to run that car for years, he's afraid of losing.

Dang, I need to go to the track soon, have some real fun.

I ran against a new GTO out of a light and was amazed that I took him?! Sucked up my friends 350 Monte SS and his HO Trans Am to :D

Just last week I was going up my Mainstreet and I timed it so when a light went green I hit it and the guy in the next lane was still sitting there. Well this tool bag went and passed me into the other lane doing at least 60mph for some reason just to stop at the light in front of me. So I took out my camera to try to catch him doing something even more stupid. No such luck but if your in Somerville NJ keep your eyes open for this Douche!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFIyG2QHVwg

That was the most entertaining video I've ever seen in my entire life :) the suspense was mind blowing! I can't wait to tune in to next weeks exciting conclusion a guy sitting at a light making a left turn, instead of a right turn... :p

Yeah. A friend of mine has an SN95 singleport V6 Mustang... It's a pretty decent race against my Mark VIII, until he hits that damn red button. He has a 5spd, gears, exhaust, and a 125 shot. Runs a 14.5 up here, would be good for about a 13.3-13.4 at sea level.

Another friend's mom has an 05 V6... slow.

Yeah. A friend of mine has an SN95 singleport V6 Mustang... It's a pretty decent race against my Mark VIII, until he hits that damn red button. He has a 5spd, gears, exhaust, and a 125 shot. Runs a 14.5 up here, would be good for about a 13.3-13.4 at sea level.

Another friend's mom has an 05 V6... slow.

I think you have that backwards....The SN95 94-98 sixxers are REALLLLY slow! The New Edge 99-04 sixxer is acceptable (high 15's), the S197 05+ sixxer are quick in terms of 6 cyl Mustangs. An S197 might feel slower than a New Edge sixxer because they weigh so much, but they literally are faster.

I test drove an 08 Saleen supercharged vert, and although I know it is faster than my 03 GT vert, it felt much slower because of how heavy and big they are.

Last edited:
It's a 98 single port. Slow as :q:q:q:q when it was stock. Doesn't do too bad now, for what it is.

It will do better by next season when the 500ci Cadillac and TH400 go in..

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back