Raced the LS, against an LS

dNyce LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this.

Last night my friend and i (2 seperate cars) were on our way to meet up with my car club. I see an ls pull out the gas station and take off fast to beat the traffic coming. He gets stopped at the traffic light first in line. I pulled up next to him, but turned around and started talking/yelling at my boy who was behimd my car (figuring out best route to destination lol).

Light turns green, i take off normally for me (2500-3000 rpm). Next thing i hear over my music (window was half down) was my engine revving high (which wasnt mine, it was the other ls). I see the headlight coming fast so i gunned it. We went about a quarter mile neck and neck then mine started pulling away from his ls. May have been a v6 idk. We backed off, then threw up the deuces (peace sign) That was a great way to start my night

Other than that, seen/met about 3 other ls owners that night

Nice, when you said threw up the deuces, I thought you were about to say you threw up as in vomit... lol

I got my ass kicked by a 300C this week. Neck and neck till ~80mph, then he pulled half a length and then some on me, but that is when I backed off. (It was a 45mph Limit road)

I raced a new SS Camaro about 3 nights ago off the light just for fun....I think we were neck and neck for the first 10 feet LoL! :lol:

Nice, when you said threw up the deuces, I thought you were about to say you threw up as in vomit... lol

I got my ass kicked by a 300C this week. Neck and neck till ~80mph, then he pulled half a length and then some on me, but that is when I backed off. (It was a 45mph Limit road)

thats what i was on lol.

@ de marko, maybe next year if the funds are right. my car needs some extra power

I hope you were in D5.

Yeah that fifth gear would have helped you pull past 80.

Before all the crybabies come here and say they run down 300cs all the time. They make 340hp and 390ftlbstq. And I have personally piloted mine to a 13.7 quarter mile. The v6 touring edition is a more evenly matched car.

I own a 300c and an extra gear ain't gonna help. It was probably a touring edition. My 300c is pretty damn fast.

They are fast but heavy and aerodynamic dogs.

Before all the crybabies come here and say they run down 300cs all the time. They make 340hp and 390ftlbstq. And I have personally piloted mine to a 13.7 quarter mile. The v6 touring edition is a more evenly matched car.

The V6 is slow as hell. Barely makes over 200 at the wheels and takes about 8 seconds to get to 60. A modded LS can easily run with a 300c.

No LS with light bolt on is running a 13.7 quater mile. I have seen a bone stock LS with the V8 run a 15.25. It would take a lot mods and a power adder for you guys to beat a 5.7 300c. A 04 Ls makes what 240hp. The v6 300 makes 250hp. I would say they are evenly matched.

No LS with light bolt on is running a 13.7 quater mile. I have seen a bone stock LS with the V8 run a 15.25. It would take a lot mods and a power adder for you guys to beat a 5.7 300c. A 04 Ls makes what 240hp. The v6 300 makes 250hp. I would say they are evenly matched.

The V6 LS makes 240, the V8 makes 280 and over 280 torques.

The V8 makes 280 crank horsepower and after intake and exhaust about 236 at the wheels. The 5.7 is not that much more than our V8. Now the srt8 is a whole different animal.

The LS engine is very similar to the 4.6 mod. Both are about the same horsepower 32 valve and dohc.

Your not get me believe any bolt on LS is going to out perform a car that weighs the same(actually a little less) and makes 60 more hp and 100 more ftlbs. I have looked at the modded LS times and 14.5 is the norm. If it was a 300c he wasn't giving it all he had or can't drive. My 300c keeps up with my brothers bolt on 96ss camaro from a 30mph roll all the way til 80.

The fastest bolt on ls went like 14.2 if I have read right...13.7 would be about 5 cars ahead of that lol.

I plan on running mid-high 12's in my NA LS :) IF I get the bottle on, hopefully a little faster.....

Your not get me believe any bolt on LS is going to out perform a car that weighs the same(actually a little less) and makes 60 more hp and 100 more ftlbs. I have looked at the modded LS times and 14.5 is the norm. If it was a 300c he wasn't giving it all he had or can't drive. My 300c keeps up with my brothers bolt on 96ss camaro from a 30mph roll all the way til 80.

We aren't discussing quarter mile times. Traction is a big factor. If a slower car has better traction it can win. You can have 600hp with no traction and get smoked by a vehicle with less horsepower and better traction.

I have kept up with many cars that make more power.

Members online

No members online now.
Back