Raced my buddies new SRT-4 against my Mark VIII

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought a new SRT-4 and wanted to race my Lincoln. So I was like ok I want to see how my car stcks up to one of these. So we go out on the road and we line up next to each other from a 20 mph roll and we hit it and he jumps ahead a little bit and then I started to reel him in and I finally passed him and we let off. We did this about 5 more times and the same result each time. Now I'm sure once the car is broke in and he gets more seat time in the car that he would be able to beat me no problem. But god........ :L

Motor Trend lists this car as a 14.0 1/4 mile, no disrespect but I doubt very much that without some mods a Mark VIII can keep this close.

brentalan said:
Motor Trend lists this car as a 14.0 1/4 mile, no disrespect but I doubt very much that without some mods a Mark VIII can keep this close.
omg not here too. don't be a magazine racer. We didn't win from a dig and raced from a roll. And once again the car isn't broken in yet *he's had the car for all of 2 days now* and once he gets some more seat time in the car he will be able to beat me no problem. But this night the Lincoln was the victor

Thats a second diff. Thats bus lengths that he should have went on you. 14.0 him 15.0 you BIG diff! Now from a roll, it could easly go different ways. I seen one at the track last time I was there. Damn, the kid was F-n that car up. But it was hauling a$$. Little f-n rich stick kid! Get in my face Ill beat your a$$ down! Damn it!

Now that im calmed down. Lets just say this. Racing is all about nembers. I had the chance to race an SRT-4. It ran a 14.2 I think. To my 15.1. It had a bus length at the line. I was next to him till. Lets say 50-55mph. He started to pull more. I have a WEAK 2nd to 3rd shift. So, that doesn't help. But anyways, a stock VIII is a 15.0 15.1 car. So, there it is.

I do believe the street can take and give three-five tenths. Also, given that both cars are not leaving at the same time. Horn or whatever hott momma stands between the cars.

I would think a roll would be advantage SRT-4 because the turbo is spooled up.

Way to go Blackout. That's exactly the way the race should have gone.

I love all the keyboard racers. This time vs that time. I laugh.

What's the Marks weak spot? Off the line you say? OK, SO Balckout did the right thing and took that out of the equation. Smart move. If you compare the 60ft and 330ft foot times, you'll probably see that second in there. What are the 2 cars mph numbers. I know Marks trap 95. Don't know about the SRT-4.

The best place to run a Mark is at 30mph in 1st and 70mph in 2nd with stock non-LSC gears. Running on the street is all about putting yourself in the best possible position. Blackout did that and it showed. Kudos!

I still don't know what "keyboard racers" mean... I'm really shocked at how many people are knocking the SRT-4 on this site though... C'mon, it's a Dodge, and everyone is saying "rice rice rice"

This guy has every right to brag that he took the SRT4 (cuz it's the only time it's gonna happen)

ok im onely going to say this once. ET don't mean sh it! HP don't mean Sh it! that sead cars don't win races drivers do... a budy of mine has the sickesed eveo Ive ever seen. Can he kick my a$$ hell yes has he hell no... he does not have the balls to push it even with $$$$$ on the line. Knowing your car is key inside and out. that seat on the left side is the most impertant thing.
and by the way RICE IS RICE AND RICE SUCKs

:I I took a late model SS Camero with an Olds Achieva in some downtown street racing. Why? He didn't have the balls to push it and I wasn't letting up until i couldn't see him no more. He should have made me look like a chump without trying. BTW rice is rice, yes... but fast is fast.

hate to butt in here guys... but you raced that srt-4 from the sweet spot. Being a 93' and 96' mark8 owner and a 04 srt-4 owner i have a little inside insight... Now that being said anything can happen... 5 times in a row.... lets keep the horse:q:q:q:q to a miniumum.

Yo byran what up!

He should of raced the Srt-4 off the line. Belive it or not... Srt-4's suck 3 times worse then a Mk8 off the line... Turbo lag, Wheel spin, and wheel hop make for a very bad 1st gear in these cars. My little Srt-4 will kill my cobra from a 40mph roll, Maybe even stay a few cars behind the vette. But off the line i wouldnt have a chance at beating a stock Vette untill 60-70.

So if you see one of these cars running around, and they brag they have all these mods... Race him from a stop. Cause there aint a dam chance of hooking up at stock power levels yet alone anything above.

Also for the bench racers!

Srt-4 3073lbs W/ Driver

93 Mk8 W/ driver 3876lbs

96 Mk8 W/driver 3945lbs

Srt-4 Stock Dyno's- 220-240 Whp 235-255 Wtq

Mk8 Dyno's 210-235 Rwhp 230-260 Rwtq

Also 1500 bucks Nets you big power in these cars. Now i didnt go the ghetto cheap ass route and i bought quality items. But With the stock turbo at 18lbs of boost i laid down 299 Whp and 354 Ft lbs. And at that power level With slick my best E.t has been 12.11 @ 112 1.9 short time. My best Stock Time was 13.56 @ 102 2.3 short time. Best stock dyno 234 whp 243 wtq.

:)

SRT=rice. The blocks are Mitsubishi engines from I believe the 2nd gen Eclipses, the non turbo types. You can put cherry sprinkles on a piece of dog crap, but you've still got a piece of dog crap. It's just a neon after all. What an ugly piece of crap anyway.

Marine said:
SRT=rice. The blocks are Mitsubishi engines from I believe the 2nd gen Eclipses, the non turbo types. You can put cherry sprinkles on a piece of dog crap, but you've still got a piece of dog crap. It's just a neon after all. What an ugly piece of crap anyway.

Id love to know what you drive?

I agree with Marine. Speed in my opinion is not everything. Don't get me wrong it is important but it isn't everything (to me at least) If an srt-4 beat you, sure it sucks but, when you go home you have got a beautiful car that rides great, looks great, and has a NICE V8 that rumbles. He goes home in a neon that sounds like a bee flying around, no matter how fast it is or yada yada, it is still a NEON, and I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want a neon. Just my 2 cents. :L

"Still a Neon?" Blah blah blah, why do we trash cars so much? Somewhere, out there, some kid LOVES his Neon... I owned a 2000 Dodge Neon ES for 4 years and just recently traded it in for a Mercury Sable... Do you know what I had to put into that Neon work-wise to keep it running for those 4 years and 80k miles?!?!?!

One set of Front Brakes.

Do a search on :V for "hottweelz repairs"

It will be multiple pages comming up, for my POS Lincoln....

--Can you tell I'm at my breaking point?

In my opinion, if you was to supercharge your lincoln, and raced him again, with his little turbo, I almost gaurentee you'd prolly win. I kinda like to say that because I really don't like Neons, but I do like the Subaru WRX, but besides the point a supercharger in a v8... whats your predictament? :nos: ...pffft.

Members online

Back