R414 freon???

roman_capps

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hello fellow LVC people i have ran out of R12 freon and i found a replacement called R414 "hotshot" freon i called my local ford place and they quoted me $1,000 for a R134a conversion. has any one had experience with the R414 freon? what drives me away is the isobutane in the freon. thanks

Yeah driller I knew that much yet R12 is expensive I found a couple of cans of freon in china for $8 but not much is left and I don't speak Chinese

Maybe before you add any refrigerant, you should fix the leak(s). There's but one reason the system is low. Do it correctly once instead of putting a band-aid that is going to fall off in no time.

What's the problem with R414? It has a A1 safety classification.

BTW, what's meanance? I can't find it in any dictionary?

Maybe before you add any refrigerant, you should fix the leak(s). There's but one reason the system is low. Do it correctly once instead of putting a band-aid that is going to fall off in no time.

What's the problem with R414? It has a A1 safety classification.

BTW, what's meanance? I can't find it in any dictionary?

And No0c im not quite sure about R414 so that's why I asked. Do you have any history with R414?

No experience with R414, I converted my '92 system to R-134a when I had to replace a FUBAR compressor along with the accumulator, orifice and all new seal rings throughout the entire system. The system will blow 32-38° air out of the vents all day long on a 100°+ day. So much for R-134a not working as well at R-12. It has the original 31 oz charge I gave it in June 2006.

Exactly how do you plan to keep an eye out for refrigerant leaks? You really think you're going to spot them with your eyeballs?
rotfl2_zpsf022a1bd.gif~original

So meanance is southern slang. So? What does it mean? Surely you know? Fill me in please.
thankyousign_zpsfa2ff0f5.gif~original

Wow it just went all downhill for you after the compressor, meance is being mean. I guess I lucked out with my AC system :)

Well, an air conditioning system does require a compressor that moves refrigerant through the system in an efficient manner. If a compressor shoots craps you contaminate the entire system and the orifice must be replaced (it's plugged tighter than a bull's butt during fly season), the system flushed of debris and anytime you have a system open, it's recommended to replaced the accumulator to keep the moisture out of the system circulation.

From what I sense you know about A/C, I would you suggest you take it to someone with a lot more knowledge than you seem to possess. Do it right and do it once.

What's to wow about?

What do you mean, you lucked out? It doesn't work correctly does it? What's so lucky about that.

So what is it meance or meanance? You can't seem to decide.

Members online

No members online now.
Back