Quick Q: Top hoses on DCCV reversed

Andrizzle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For those that have changed the DCCV. I am putting in the new one and I am ready to refill and bleed... But looking @ the repair manual, it looks like the top hoses are not crossed before entering the DCCV. I searched, but the forum is so saturated with DCCV posts that finding this specific question is difficult, I did find one where a guy had the same question, but he was not answered.

See top photo @ this link:
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc1014.htm~gen~ref.htm
It appears the hoses never cross according to this diagram.

But on mine, I am pretty sure when I took it off, the top hoses were switched. Since it has been failed for a long time, I cannot recall if my dual climate controls worked inversely inside the cabin.

photo1wg.jpg

This is how mine is, but I think it is incorrect. (photo is upside down perspective if looking from front of car)

Judging by the curvature that has taken place in the hoses from previous install - it appears that the hoses have always been crossed right before the DCCV.

Can someone go outside and check real quick if indeed the hoses are supposed to be crossed or not.

I would appreciate it greatly!

I just did mine on Saturday. I remember the right hose (in picture) was a pain to move the hose retainer because the hose curved upwards. Yours looks right but I'm not 100% positive.

I just went and checked and mine is the same ways yours is.

Members online

No members online now.
Back