Question about your sig pics

Four eyed stangs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of slammed VIII's in you guys sigs.
Are these real pics or photoshopped fantasies?

If these are real cars, then holy crap!
They are so sexy that I may ditch one of my other cars and come over to the Mark side!

How bad are they maintenance wise compared to the LS?

I see a lot of slammed VIII's in you guys sigs.
Are these real pics or photoshopped fantasies?

If these are real cars, then holy crap!
They are so sexy that I may ditch one of my other cars and come over to the Mark side!

How bad are they maintenance wise compared to the LS?

Hehehe, dude our Mark VIII's ride on air bags from factory. We can sensor lower them. Some member's here can explain how they have modified their air rides such as the "Ray Switch" to slam the ride, etc... Maintenance? Well, they are indeed high maintenance however according to a couple LS owners that I know they are only about 1/2 the maintenance compared to the LS & parts are much cheaper since plenty of them come straight from the Thunderbird or the Mustang Cobra.

This is as low as she goes lol
000_1172.jpg

Yep, don't get much lower but we don't ride on the streets this low. I'm on the "Rays Switch" and just press a button and come back up to sensor lowered height.

LoweredFrontNoLights.jpg

Normal ride height but still sensor lowered.

NormalHeight-1.jpg

I may be in financial trouble!

As for maintenance, all I have done really was replaced the headlight housings corner lenses and grille but that was only to have a fresh clean look in the front. Other than that, an alternator, oil change with 5W-30 Mobile 1 Fully Synthetic, Motorcraft oil filter, new plugs, new front OEM air shocks and that's about it that I can think of. From now on, it should just be oil changes, plug changes, just the normal things. All the high dollar parts I put on should be good for the rest of the life of the car but the day is coming when a lot of the new stuff will be gone. Another reason why I got it when I did.

2K for car.
$320 for the grille, new
$480 for housings, new
$300 for corner lenses, new
$378 for front right air shock, new and should be good for 10+ years
$370 for front left air shock, new, same
$170 for reman alternator, lifetime warranty
$75 invested in dual HID's with slim ballasts and a relay kit
$380 for tires with rated for 70K BF Goodrich T/A Pro Touring
$300 for some Octostars that aren't on it yet but will be this week
$25 for all SMD LED 6000K interior lighting
$115 for 850/1000 battery
All prices were to the door, unless I bought locally.

I'm sure there is more but the majority of the things above is only optional. I will never sell the car and it is garage kept and not daily driven.

All depends on how long you want to keep it and if you want to take care of what you have. Mine is a southern car and completely rust free and 99.9% of the time, it never see's rain.

IMG_05402.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

what the heck, i'll post some pics too.
not a rays switch, but similar. i have switches for each corner individually.

Mine lowers in just the front. It's on a timer. Leave it sit a couple days and it is slammed. :rolleyes: Can't wait to switch to coils. :p

Cellphone pic.
MarkVIIIlow.jpg

Diesel that's the first time I've seen a full pic of your car..looks good lowered with the octastars.

How can I make my Sig pic bigger... Hate how little mine are

Just upload a bigger pic to Photobucket and copy the img url and paste in your signature. I sized it down to 18% and its still freakin huge lol

Just slammed with the Ray's Switch. Turn the car on and it picks up to my sensor lowered height.

Maintaining this car isn't too bad. Though sometimes it feels like it's a bit of a nickle and dime hog. Mostly brought on myself from something I did/didn't do while playing with it.

IMG_0464.jpg

Op i like your member name i had a 4 eye once.
I use a asham8 to lower or raise my car on the fly.

Luke

Mine are all iPod pics. I really need to take some good pics with my 15 megapixel camera. Only problem with that is that once they're sized down to sig size, the resolution won't matter.

Mine lowers in just the front. It's on a timer. Leave it sit a couple days and it is slammed. :rolleyes: Can't wait to switch to coils. :p

Damn, I have your car's mate. Mine would lower in just the rear after a couple of days before I switched to coils! Dang, I sold one of the front air bags, but if you can find which one of yours is bad, I'll sell you the other good one I have The front bags look almost new, the rear ones look like poo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back