Question about new stereo install

lockman

LVC Member
Reaction score
My factory stereo is an in dash 6 disc changer, I'm installing a pioneer avic-x640bt. The harness I got from Crutchfield only has two plugs, the main plug plus a smaller one for the sub and console speakers. The factory radio had 4 plugs though, what are the other two plugs? I tried searching and found lots of references to 3 plugs, but couldn't find anything about 4 plugs.

Ill have to get pics later, not around my car right now. Btw, its an 05 model. There was one big plug that had the speaker and power wires. A smaller one, 8 pin I think that had the sub and console connections. These were the ones the Crutchfield harness used. The other two plugs were a 6 pin and a 16 pin, I think. Each of those only had two wires going into the back of each of em though.

interesting, i have never seen a four plug radio.

actually it doesnt matter, factory subs are in the smaller plug, power and speakers are in the mid sized plug (which should cover the two plugs crutchfield gave you) and steering wheel controls and external cd changer signal and control wires(if you have that option) are in the largest square plug. so what ever is in the "fourth" plug doesn't matter.

Check my post on LS stereo install

Full install instructions for a touch screen system are already posted.

Double DIN Installation Proceedure w/front factory tweeters
Views: 430
Posted By Mr.Howie

You need two sets of harness adapters if steering wheel controls are used (highly recommended). See post for part numbers.

MR.H

Members online

No members online now.
Back