Question about headlights

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, being the junkyard junkie i am :) i was wondering if any other lincolns/fords had the same sized headlights as the Mark 7. ofcourse mine are yellowed and its hard to find new ones at a reasonable price. i have seen some contenintal's and a few crown vic's in the junkyard with pretty clear lights. will any of them fit or should i just keep searchin the internet.

Sadly, no. I tried a couple years ago to put Mustang headlights on my VII to see if it would work; it was horrible. You can get other lights to "fit" but they will not sit right.

looks like ebay it is, i'll try to pick up some decent ones from there. i saw a set on there a couple of days ago and they were going for over 100.00 but they were practically brand new. the search continues

yea, cleaning and renewing the lights isn't that bad of a job. I did my cougars, and they went from turn signal yellow, back to nice and clear! took maybe 30-45 mins per side. including removal of the assemblies. Power tools (used a random orbit sander) to do the physical work does wonders! just keep the tool moving so you don't sand thru the plastic!

DUW (Dial Up Warning): Lots of pictures

Chris,
Clean those puppies!
http://www.lscclub.org/tech/headLightLens.htm
headLightlens001t.jpg
headLightlens002t.jpg

headLightlens003t.jpg
headLightlens004t.jpg

headLightlens005t.jpg
headLightlens006t.jpg

headLightlens008t.jpg
headLightlens009t.jpg

headLightlens010t.jpg
headLightlens011t.jpg

There's also a more extensive cleaning article that uses varying grades of sand paper.

A little polishing compound works wonders and takes only a few minutes. It works well as long as the reflective surface is not burned up on the inside.

No, the VIIs are unique.

I'd like to see someone try to correctly update to HIDs with DOT compliant parts and have the optics right. Not impossible, but seriously labor, time, and cost intensive. You're looking at an outlay of at least a grand in parts alone. You even need a whole new clear lens because the HID unit would focus the light, not the headlight lens.

xllsc007 said:
Up Date To Hid Lights

Yea Baby

i wouldnt even want HID's if i could afford all the parts needed to convert. while the lights are outstanding functionality wise, i think they belong on higher end cars. halogen is just fine for my ride just dont like the yellow color on the lense.:(

I can see a distint difference in the ligts. The Town Car's are more square and more upright. The slope, if one exists, is quite small compared to the VII.

050590_Towncar_df34.jpg

oln%20Mark%20VII%20LSC%20-%20center%20cropped%20-%20Plainfield%20Ave,%20Floral%20Park%20-%201992.jpg

If you had a 1988-94 Continental, '87-'88 Thunderbird or maybe Cougar lights are the same.

Members online

No members online now.
Back