Question about dropping the Subframe

93mark8rules

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 Mark VIII and I want to drop the subframe to replace my oil pan gasket and drivers side exhaust manifold. I put a Motor in a Mark VIII years ago, and I remember having the car sitting in my yard forever because I couldnt get the through bolts on the motor mounts out laying on my back in my yard. I eventually took it to a friends shop and just dropped the subframe and engine together and then removed the bolts when it was on the ground. But Ive seen enough pictures of Marks sitting on 4x4 blocks while guys have the subframe out. How do you guys get to those bolts while its in the car?

I didnt notice the part about how you got the through bolts out. I gotta say though I like your engine support.

Im looking for a trick to get the bolt that holds the motor mount to the subframe out. I actually have the E18 socket still for removing the the subframe itself. But I remember the angle that the motor mount bolt sits by the frame made it like nearly impossible to get a socket on.

I just used ratchet and removed motor mount bolts easy. Those bolts go in flat to ground and front of car to back real easy to get.

I didnt notice it last night, but I see it now. Your bolts go in through the front, when I took apart the other car the drivers side went from the front but the passenger side went front the back. The only reason I remember it was the disaster the passenger side was to remove and the fact that I couldn't understand for the life of me why the bolt would go in the back when it went in the front on the drivers side. So someone messed with it before I bought my last car and caused a problem for me.... Thank you for saying something otherwise I wouldn't have caught it.

Now the next thing is to read up on what you did to your Mark to make it so damn fast. I know it wasnt headers alone.

Members online

Back