Question about a window regulator

rsimmons1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Can the window pop out of the regulator without the regulator being broke? I took off my passenger front regulator and it looks fine. The previous two times the cable snapped but this time it didn't. It's got a warranty but how am I supposed to exchange it for a new one if this one doesn't appear to be broken.

break it. :D

seriously though, if it doesn't work, it should be covered. Whether the cable broke or whatever went wrong.

Sure, if the window is frozen shut and you try to roll it down the window could easily pop out of the regulator.

Have you done the regulator replacement before? There are plastic clips that hold the window. You tighten the clips with a bolt so they "grab" the window. It is really only friction that holds it in place. So, cold day with frozen window? Yes I can definitely see it happening. I went to roll down my window the other day and it was frozen. I decided it was better to open the door than risk it. Of course my car had been sitting in an airport parking lot for a week. It isn't easy to dig out of 20" of snow with only an ice scraper.

Nah this is my first time doing it. I don't know a damn thing about cars but I figure it's about time to start doing the 'easy' stuff. I printed out the write-up another member here posted and I took the regulator out just fine. I'll look for those plastic clips that hold onto the window. The big question is how the f*ck I'm going to get the regulator back in there. Thanks for the advice rainjacks.

I just went over to the storage unit to mess with this again. I still think the regulator is broke... if I pull on the cable is it supposed to move?

Can the window pop out of the regulator without the regulator being broke?

yes, twice on my 1st gen i had the plastic pin that holds the glass to the regulator bracket fall out, and had to stick it back in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back