Question about a friend's LS

roman_capps

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello today I bring news about my friends Lincoln LS it is not currently running it needs a new crankshaft and water pump. Now why that's said they took it to a mechanic and they said it had a Jag engine in it but, it is the 3.9 v8 stock engine so I am a bit confused or the mechanic was a complete idiot and was lazy most of them here are that way but is this true the 3.9 is a jag engine? I know for a fact the suspension is from one I absolutely love those cars I was looking to get one instead I got a 1993 Lincoln town car I was so happy to get a Lincoln anyway any help or advice is appreciated thanks for your time.:D

I have found out the engine is a jaguar engine it was just modified .1 liter smaller it is the AJ-V8 engine found in the Lincoln ls 2002-2006 so most of the production of the LS was with a jaguar engine only the 00-01 years were actually ford engines too bad jaguar has a bad name in reliability and my friend's LS is no exception and of course I don't blame it poor car was thrown together it is so out off alignment the back end pulls to the left when it takes off I have driven it haha got it up to 80 and it was pulling heavily I will tell you something those cars will GET UP AND GO I hit 60 under 4 seconds then at 80 I let off I was nearly off the road on the left side it's sad to hear that it broke down I guess you get the best of both world a great ride and power but the reliability is absolute garbage I would buy this car as a dragster if I had the money to pour into the car

Members online

Back