Projector Retrofit: Very Nice

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just said I was not spending anymore money and then I see this.....

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=171

If it can be pulled off on our car without the bug eye look, this could be bananas(in my opinion). Very Iron Man.

Seems to also be a member(Joon Joon) there who does retrofits and top quality ones. I have already reached out to him just to see if he has ever done gen 2 headlights. Here is a link with his work. 4 pages so be sure to view all of them.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1

I think these would look great installed correctly, the OP seems to do quality work, keep us updated.

As much as I like the Angel Eye look, the only way I would truly consider having my lights opened would be for something a bit different than it. To get another high end look versus the path already taken does interest me a lot. But, only if it can be done and done at a somewhat reasonable cost. If not, my lights will remain untouched.

The member from HIDPlanet got back to me and states he has never done a set of LS lights but is comfortable that he can come up with something functional combined with a very custom(not over the top) and higher end look. In hindsight, I guess I am very glad to have the HID back from Hinzy. It gives me something to send him if something can be arranged between us.

Maybe.....just maybe. Crossing my fingers.

I'm not sure how he would charge you but I'd ask if he's ever had to separate one by cutting it open? Might be able to just send the housing after you take the time to separate it. Just a thought, that's what I was going to do when I was talking to my buddy about it who is also on that site, he's not nearly as active as the guys you have posted though.

Actually had not thought of it that way. He does offer a 1 year warranty on his work so there is part of me that may want that satisfaction. But you are definitely onto something with that line of thinking. Hmm.....

We spoke back and forth a number of times yesterday and have agreed the retrofit is only going to be in the high beam housing. Also agreed that the Porsche style Panamera projector shroud would go well with the lines of the front end. The Retrofit Source website has them for $40 a piece so it is not going to be some absurd price to get at least that portion of the look I would like to have.

His website, which is mainly under construction, is www.essentiallites.com

I had considered doing the 7 "eye" Infiniti q45 projectors in the low beam bowl in the past... Then I found out how expensive they where.

Projectors alone run 300-350 per side.

Plus HID kit, materials, etc.

Per Lincoln LS enthusiast facebook I personally do not care for this, kind of a sloppy job over all.

Im pretty sure this person is not on the forum either.

397076_10200186083594063_430240169_n.jpg

556768_10200186083234054_65174665_n.jpg

I don't like the look either, but if it's highs only, it might look good.

They have seen the forum because they have sentas.

I wouldn't mind dual rings. Then again I have a Gen1 and have considered going for quad bi-xenon set up with dual rings... but yeah only if they are sized right and those... are not sized right. You'd figure if you were willing to do that yourself you would atleast make sure it was right before you sealed em back up.

Though I would wonder what the LS would look like with dual demon eye projectors and rings. That guys site has me drooling.

I started a chat with him o FB and showed him this thread.....another LVC fella has contacted him too now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back