Problem...

LennDawg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i just installed Myron and Davis headrest screens in my car today, and they are both getting video on them and powering on but on one of the monitors, the picture fades in and out and flickers really badly... does anybody know the cause of this and what i can do to fix it? the other monitor works perfectly...

bad ground on video feed or failing power supply.

I will find out more info tomorrow. My stereo guy said that one or more of my screens might do that cause you have to split the line to get them to work. He said that Pioneers are notorious for it. He installed a setup that lets me play different things on each screen and it solved the problem. I can watch DVD's in the front and Xbox 360 in the back or vice versa. Sounds like the same type of thing. I can find out more info in the morning if you need me to.

ya that would be great Red thanks... but im not sure if thats the problem, because each monitor has its own power supply and i have tried switching the two of them but this one monitor stays flickering... i hooked them up to a spare battery and they still do it, i havent hooked it up to my Pioneer head unit yet... but anything you can find out, let me know, i appreciate it...

Sounds like you just got a bad unit. It happens; at work, I needed a 7" XGA-capable monitor, and found one at MP3Car.com (IIRC). When I got it and hoked it up, it wouldn't recognize the video in; turns out that it had a bad connector (it was replaced under warranty and is working perfectly today, BTW).

ya i contacted Myron & Davis today and im going to ship out the faulty headrest and they are going to check it out... i might need a new computer chip inside the monitor ($50) or a brand new monitor ($300)... im pullin for the $50 chip haha... thanks for everybody's help

i got a new problem now tho... when i put my key in the ignition and turn it to the right or start it, i am getting a loud humming noise out of my speakers... then a loud constant pounding sound... this happens with the radio on and off... and when i push the gas pedal, u can hear the engine noises from the speaker, like a loud whistling sound... any idea what this might be now?

It really sounds like a feedback problem...which is usually a bad or missing ground. Also, the location of the grounds on this car can be critical. It sounds like you have a lot of trial and error work ahead of you....

thanks... where do you think i should start? with the battery terminals? everything is fine when i unplug the rc cables from the amps (but of course the music dont play with them unplugged), and you cant notice the sound when the radio is turned up all the way... its really weird and i dont know how to explain it... you dont think i blew anything do you? like my radio, amps, speakers or anything?

I am by NO MEANS an expert when it comes to vehicle audio/video systems. But I am very good with electrical systems. Since removing the audio from the system fixes the problem, is it possible you have an audio cable too close to the video feed and you're getting interference from it? Maybe all that's wrong is you need to relocate or shield some cabling.

Members online

Back