Problem with fuel gauge...

01lssport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems with the fuel gauge? I picked mine up from storage, filled the tank and it still shows empty with the gas light on :confused:. The needle has moved a couple of times but it ultimately goes back down to empty. Is the sending unit accessible from the bottom of the car or do you have to drop the tank? Any ideas would be great.

By the way, I am back in the states and ready for a meet in SoCal!

i remember seeing in annother thread that there is a door under the back seat that allows you to access your fuel pump with out dropping the tank. not sure if that will help but just though i would throw it in.

Pop the bottoms of the back seats out. You'll see two black, circular caps that you can access what you need from there.

Thanks for the info. I just want to check the connection. I think something is just loose... hopefully!

one time my gf ran the car down to like 13 miles till empty and the needle stayed on empty for 3 days then went back to normal...wierd...the needle was on empty but the message display said 345 miles till empty.

a friend of mine had a 04 montero and it had a big status screen like in the ls but it was a big colorful one and if he didnt fill his tank up past half every time it would still show that he needed gas and it would constantly flash on that big sceen. it was so annoying driving in that thing too becasue he could never afford to fill it up so it was always on.

Members online

Back