Press-lock-3-times remote start disables AdvanceTrac

FDR

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After reading up on the remote start, besides the handful of other owners with it, my remote start isn't supposed to exist. I have the regular, blue trunk/4 button fob on my 02 and if I push lock 3 times, it starts up. Exists, doesn't exist, not supposed to exist, whatever, my car has it.

Here's the problem: if I remote start it, the advance trac button illuminates and the dash says "advance trac off". Pushing the button does nothing, no light change, no sound. Driving doesn't change anything (at least within 5 miles, as I've restarted the car when getting in for longer trips)

Any ideas? It's definitely disabled and not just a light issue, I checked ;)

There was no factory remote start.
There were dealer installed Ford branded remote start options.

Yours is wired incorrectly. It is not powering up everything in the right order, or it is interfering with the data bus in some way.

Agree with Joe, there is absolutely no FACTORY RS option period.

Anybody can install an aftermarket remote start system into an LS (including the dealer) and anybody can do it wrong... It is very easy to mess the LS up because it has a lot more IGN/ACC circuits than every remote start system had built in which require extra relays.

If you don't add all/any extra relays, the car will still start but not all of the electronic systems will have been powered up and will cause problems...

Members online

No members online now.
Back