Power window conversion

Pepsi2185

LVC Mafia Henchman
Reaction score
Anyone who has take apart the rear power windows on a 96 or so TC, i believe they do that half down thing. But the nice power windows on the 94 go down all the way. Now this drives me nuts. How hard would it be to swap out the 96 system and thow in that cable drive that allows the windows to go down all the way (even though everyone hates the cable systems)

Pepsi2185 said:
Anyone who has take apart the rear power windows on a 96 or so TC, i believe they do that half down thing. But the nice power windows on the 94 go down all the way. Now this drives me nuts. How hard would it be to swap out the 96 system and thow in that cable drive that allows the windows to go down all the way (even though everyone hates the cable systems)

The 1996 TC has a larger area of moving glass. The window physically cannot go down farther because the edge of the glass hits against the car's wheel well. Take a closer look at a 94 and you'll see that the rear windows have a portion that doesn't move with the rest of the glass. That is why they go down all the way.

aaaaaaaahhhh !!! details. Nice, forgot about that.

So it would be kind of stupid to replace it with the old system that had the unmoveable window in the door??

Members online

No members online now.
Back