Power steering leak

Thorpower1988

LVC Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon! On my 2002 Lincoln Conti, I've a p/s fluid leak for a few weeks. Looks like it's coming from my P/S pump. (I was getting all hoses that lead to the P/S) I now have a OEM remanufactured P/S pump, the reservoir-to-pump hose, and I was looking to get the upper pressure hose from the P/S pump to rack. Discontinued part #F8OZ3691AA. I cannot find anything similar to that part nor description. In Rock Auto, none of the pictures there look like the one on the OEM Ford website or my Helm Lincoln manual. Not sure where to go to find that. I not sure if I actually have a leak from there, it's just once I get the Lincoln on the lift and accurately determine where the leak is, I would hate for it to me that upper pressure hose and not have one to R&R.

Does anyone might no where to get that hose, or is there a suitable replacement part for this.

Thanks in advance

From what I have read, and researched on Tasca's site here: Return Hose | Genuine Ford | F8OZ3691AA : Genuine Factory OEM Parts & Accessories | TascaParts.com The line you need is #8 from what you are describing. I have also conducted research on this, it does keep coming up discontinued through Ford. Although on Rockauto and Autozone you can get them. Autozone's site and description: http://www.autozone.com/suspension-...02/8-cylinders-v-4-6l-mfi-dohc/197077_0_17288

I think the hose is upside down on Rockauto's website when you are viewing it....Same goes for Autozone.

I don't know if I helped you out or not......I too am finding out parts are really getting scarce for this model. We all having to keep pushing to make it happen.

Thor, I looked at Summit Racing they have nothing...Then I contacted NAPA from what they told me and the diagram that you provided in #5 they gave me this part number: Power Steering Pressure Hose - OEM
Says its from pump. Now it looks like that hose #5 in the description??...It's confusing I know....they don't make it simple. Even Napa couldn't tell me if its what you/I need. Pictorial descriptions from Lincoln need to be a lot better.

Another thing, I've looked at parts trying to go with the actual part supplier for ex. my window switch for rear passenger door, you cant buy it anymore. Contacted BWD who makes it. They can't tell me anything. So what I'm saying is we both would have to go to a salvage yard or ebay for parts car to get these pieces. Which is terrible!

I'll keep trying.

Members online

No members online now.
Back