Power Steering.... help me!!!!

SmokeyClay

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 V-8 and before i lowered it the power steering went out once. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it under warranty. I lowered the car and it has happened again. Now the dealership says they will decide if they are going to fix it if i take it to them for a test that will cost me 80 bucks? this doesn't sound fair to me, do i have a leg to stand on? what should i do?

lowering has nothing to do w/power steering. what did they replace last time? If only the rack or pump I know when pumps and racks fail there can be contamination left in the system. When I had my rack fail in my buick the dealer strongly urged me to replace both components to avoid future failure. 80 bucks is BS to diag steering...especially if they did the work last time.

unless of course you are bottoming out and physically damaging the rack....

SmokeyClay said:
I have a 04 V-8 and before i lowered it the power steering went out once. I took it to the dealership and they fixed it under warranty. I lowered the car and it has happened again. Now the dealership says they will decide if they are going to fix it if i take it to them for a test that will cost me 80 bucks? this doesn't sound fair to me, do i have a leg to stand on? what should i do?
If the car is under warranty, than you don't have anything to worry about. Contact FLM customer service and talk to them if you have problems and they will take care of it for you.

DLS8K said:
If the car is under warranty, than you don't have anything to worry about. Contact FLM customer service and talk to them if you have problems and they will take care of it for you.

Not good advice....please see posts 3 and 4 above. If either has occured, you will probably be denied warranty coverage.

that sucks, sorry to hear that. when you file your insurance claim, say the steering got messed up from the impact.:p ;) :shifty:

decibels5 said:
that sucks, sorry to hear that. when you file your insurance claim, say the steering got messed up from the impact.:p ;) :shifty:

ditto

2001LS8Sport said:
Not good advice....please see posts 3 and 4 above. If either has occured, you will probably be denied warranty coverage.
You're right......lowering a car does change steering geometry and thus would more than likely void the warranty covering those components and any other suspension component.
I know that Nissan offers kits for various things and they do not negate the factory warranty because they are certified by Nissan.

DLS8K said:
You're right......lowering a car does change steering geometry and thus would more than likely void the warranty covering those components and any other suspension component.
I know that Nissan offers kits for various things and they do not negate the factory warranty because they are certified by Nissan.

Makes perfect sense. Like Roush stuff.

Members online

No members online now.
Back