Power Point question

cannons_custom

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I just bought a complete center console out of a 2001 LS for $65.00 and it has the power point on the back of it under the vents. There are 3 pins in the plug. What are they? I know one is ground, one is 12v power but whats the other one? Didn't come with the harness so I have to figure it out.

the pin farthest away from the harness release is the ground, and one of the other two is for the positive, the two terminals may be common, you can check with a meter,

the center of the inside of the power point itself(where you plug in the phone charger) is always the positive and the outer barrel is always ground

there might be two pins for positive because on a lot of cars, there is a power point that has power all the time and there is a power point that only has power when the ignition is turned on, an they always use the same harness

sorry i cant be more help, its been a couple of weeks since i had mine apart

Ah well thanks for the info anyways. What could I check with my multimeter seeing how its just the plug right now? Will measuring the resistance give me anything? I didn't think it would so I didn't bother busting it out.

you will either see 0 ohms(the right pin) or open circuit(not the right pin) between the pin and either the barrel or the center of the socket

Members online

Back