power antenna stuck up

taylor414ce2003

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
mine will no longer retract- the motor does work. I noticed the mast is driven by a cable ,how is this conected inside the power motor ? can I turn the radio off and push the cable back in?

More than likely broken...............

taylor414ce2003 said:
mine will no longer retract- the motor does work. I noticed the mast is driven by a cable ,how is this conected inside the power motor ? can I turn the radio off and push the cable back in?

The cable is more than likely broken.

You're cable snapped, you can just replace the cable if you don't want to replace the whole antenna.

Or do like I did and remove it entirely, cap off the whole with a matching rubber grommit and listen to Sirius Satellite Radio :p

Have you thought about installing a windscreen antenna instead? I used to have one on my old VW Golf. It's just a short, hair-thin wire that you stick to the inside of your windscreen (front or back), this way you never have to worry about the telescoping antenna breaking down or getting damaged in the automatic car wash.

On my Golf the windscreen antenna worked great and had a good reception, plus no external antenna means better aerodynamics.

Members online

Back