Fahad_600

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please post your MPG from the dash display, also include year of your Town Car

Thanks,

hey fahad this is Omer.

02 Lincoln Town car 25.9 mpg

omer, your average is 25????????/ lucky.

my average is 17-18

haha, i have all you beat!! 16.5! oh wait, thats bad....

1995 ltc

Nakoa said:
omer, your average is 25????????/ lucky.

my average is 17-18
that is highway MPG. In city it gives about 17-19
Conti gives 28,18-19
mark 28-31,19-20

22mpg doing 60% hwy/40% heavy duty light to light city driving.

Significantly better on the hwy, but still haven't taken a long enough trip yet to nail the figures down. I do have a fairly heavy foot and I'm always the first off a light.

1990 5.0 litre with a 3.27 gear and plenty of ignition, exhaust and other mods to help mileage (Taurus electric fan,etc). Check the mods out here;

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=9371&s=28549#content

Sixlitre

My 90' says an average of 15.2 right now and that seems to be the long term average.

Hey Fahad 600

hey Fahad,

You copied my thread from another Town Car forum (yes, the only other one) Check my thread in Q&A for a more definitve answer.

:mad:

mark0101 said:
hey fahad this is Omer.

02 Lincoln Town car 25.9 mpg

Hi Omer, how are you ?

My Town Car is currently driven by my father, and he is getting 16.5 MPG (70% Highway-30% City) :confused:

it has SCT Tuning, no cats, stock 3.08 gears, and 11.25" Torque Converter.

my father drives really easy and slow.

when I used to have the car with all of its mods and the way I drive, I used to see 10 MPG (50% Highway - 50% City)

I will check the car after a month to see if the MPG will improve, if not, I might remove SCT tune, and keep it stock for a month to monitor the MPG.

But I don't think it's a result of the tuning, because in the tune the car runs leaner, and more sparks, that will results in more power and MPG.

Thanks,

dfisher1 said:
hey Fahad,

You copied my thread from another Town Car forum (yes, the only other one) Check my thread in Q&A for a more definitve answer.

:mad:

I don't remember seeing a thread such this, please post your thread link for more info.

Thanks,

thamarkman said:
My 90' says an average of 15.2 right now and that seems to be the long term average.

We just did all the ignition mods I did on mine to my bodyshop buddy's Grand marquis

His mileage jumped up by 7 mpg !!!!!!!!!

Sixlitre

Black87LSC said:
What mods are these???

In a nutshell;

1.) Best 9mm plug wires you can afford. I've used Taylor Spiropros and presently using Ford Racing Wires (good deal at stealership).

2.) MSD # 8227 coil

3.) cheapest Autolites gapped out to .055

4.) bump timing to 13.5 degrees from stock 10 degrees.

****Must have perfect cap and rotor

This will improve your 5.0 litres mileage and power.

Stage two

exhaust improvements;

Initially

Disregard the fears of the 4.6 owners on K&N filters. They work just fine for us 5.0 litre types. I could never prove a measureable increase on my Bronco, but I measured almost 2 mpg on the TC just by dropping it in !

Try it

Sixlitre

20 mpg in town and 26 on the highway with the cruise set around 79.9999mph.:L I have a 2003 Town Car Executive.

Hi Guys

Well I get 76mpg on the freeway and about 57mpg around the city with my 92 Town Car, it also does a 11.6 second 1/4 mile and tops out at 183mph.

Regards

Dereck

Sixlitre said:
In a nutshell;

1.) Best 9mm plug wires you can afford. I've used Taylor Spiropros and presently using Ford Racing Wires (good deal at stealership).

2.) MSD # 8227 coil

3.) cheapest Autolites gapped out to .055

4.) bump timing to 13.5 degrees from stock 10 degrees.

****Must have perfect cap and rotor

This will improve your 5.0 litres mileage and power.

Stage two

exhaust improvements;

Initially

Disregard the fears of the 4.6 owners on K&N filters. They work just fine for us 5.0 litre types. I could never prove a measureable increase on my Bronco, but I measured almost 2 mpg on the TC just by dropping it in !

Try it

Sixlitre

9mm??? I have a new cap and rotor, 8mm wires, and motorcraft plugs gapped at .050". I also got a new dual exhaust(switched from single) to let it breathe better

Dereck said:
Hi Guys

Well I get 76mpg on the freeway and about 57mpg around the city with my 92 Town Car, it also does a 11.6 second 1/4 mile and tops out at 183mph.

Regards

Dereck

am i the only one that caught this? lol

Dereck said:
Hi Guys

Regards

Dereck
Dereck, in which Quantum Reality did you get those numbers :D

Dereck said:
Hi Guys

Regards

Dereck

Yea, but I know that '79 in your avatar doesn't do that. ;)

Members online

Back