possible parts place?

sgrillak

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey folks. has anyone ordered parts from 1a auto? they carry several aftermarket parts for the ls. its not as indepth as an actual ford source but for non-criticak parts it seems like a decent spot. i bought a degas bottle for ~ $90. haven't had a chance to test it out but it seems to be just as sturdy as an oem. you can actually see and feel the difference in quality compared to dorman and holland brands. has anyone had any experience with 1a auto?

The degas bottle is definitely a critical part. I'd bet that one is really made by Dorman. Good luck...

I KNOW people that have used A-1 with good results. Most people on this forum will recommend Rock Auto. The carry alot of Motorcraft parts... but not for the degas bottle las time I checked.

As Joe said... the degas bottle is a critical part. ALL cooling system parts are critical. What you ordered is most likely a Dorman part that has a limited lifespan. Yeah... you will pay roughly double for the Ford part,,, but it seems to last 5 times longer.

Do a Dorman once a year... or do OEM once every 5-6 years. OEM will save you $300-$400 over the life of the vehicle.

i hear you guys. but i have physically compared this against a dorman and it appears to be a lot stronger. one thing i've learned in my time lurking is to listen to you guys. since my ls is down for the moment, im mapping out the parts for a cooling system overhaul. i'll keep this one for emergency back up. as a result of my searches thru the forum, i think i'll go with the jag parts and an oem bottle. my c-system hasn't failed yet but it is original.

I originally bought new headlamps for my 01 Sport from A1 auto, they are not OEM from Ford and I knew that before purchase. They were a perfect fit and since have been tinted and to date remain on my 01, only trouble was one wiring harness was defective out of the box but in used the original harness already on the car so it was of no concern ... all in all OK with A1 auto.

Say, could you post a pic of that bottle and what's the chance you'd be willing to contact A1 Auto and ask them whom the manufacturer on that is? Dorman is supposed to be the only other player in the degas bottle game. Be interesting to know if someone else is now producing such.

For my Volvo i bought an in tank fuel pump and sending unit from them.
fist time i filled up the gas gauge went to full and has not moved since :(

i've had that happen on gm vehicles no matter where they got the fp/su. on one, it turned out to be a problem with the gauge cluster. on my monte carlo, it was a pinched wire on the sending unit.

A1 Auto is merly a reseller.

when you say A1 are you refering to the supplier from australia? i will contact 1a tomorrow to ask some questions.

1A ... guys with all them part replacement videos all over youTube

we may be talking 2 different places. the place i'm talking about is 1a. did you get a chance to check out the link in my previous post? i checked out A1 looking for the bottle. i only found dorman on there.

Hollander,,, is most likely Dorman's "brand" name "across the pond",,, which if your location is "over there"... then that might be where you are???

thanks for the headsup. i'm in indianapolis though. the Holland brand is abot $20 cheaper than Dorman. i only dealt with 1a because Rockauto only had Dorman bottles. Rockauto has been the main source for my parts. i used Rockauto for my tune up and front end suspension overhaul.

1A ... guys with all them part replacement videos all over youTube

we may be talking 2 different places. the place i'm talking about is 1a. did you get a chance to check out the link in my previous post? i checked out A1 looking for the bottle. i only found dorman on there.

YES ... I meant 1A ... I bought some cheaper DEPO headlamps for my 01 many years ago.
Same guys you are asking about.

1A Auto Parts

non critical parts only and only if i can't get what i need from Rockauto. have you checked out my thread about my no start problem? i need some advice.

Members online

No members online now.
Back