Police suck

Ben's LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok heres my rant

My gf is a college student and lives on campus so she HAS to park in the resident parking lot. Her car was broken into the other night and had hundreds of dollars worth of stuff stolen from the car. She called the police and all they do is right down what happend. They dont do s*it to help. I know they probably don't have the tools to fingerprint or anything but whats the point of being a cop if you cant do that. The person who broke in was all through the car and trunk and even opened the hood of the freakin car. It just really pisses me off that this happened. It makes me feel violated even though it didnt happen to me. sorry for the long rant but i'm just really irritated with this whole thing. idk why we even have locks on our doors or alarms on our cars because they dont do squat. They only keep the honest people out of your car and they arent gonna be trying to break in anyway. If somebody wants in your car they will get in your car. Just one question why don't college campuses have cameras in the parking lots? We get spyed on everywhere else why not have them in the parking lots? Where is all our tuition money going

i feel a little better now. i'm just upset that i couldnt do anything to help

I know the feeling. A lot of times it feels like they are only around for collecting revenue for the city. Not to actually do anything about real crime.

Same thing happened to me when I was in college. They stole anything and everything electronic/audio related. The person who did it dropped a key to a locker/storage locker and the campus police did nothing. The officer told me well you should have moved your vehicle mid week so the thief knew the vehicle was being used! Seriously! That event made me want to become an officer and actually help people.

thats all bad the same thing happened to my Ls the first week i got it.. the police came an did fingerprints on my car, that actually made me feel a lil better. but since im such vengeful guy i started steakin out in the parkin lots in my car untill i caught the guy breaking into ppl cars. OMG ME AN MY BROTHER BEAR THE ISHHHH OUTTA HIM AN THEN CALLED THE POLICE ON HIM LOL... JUSTICE SERVED!

Fyi college campuses suck, i have 4 friends who sold there cars when they went to college, they don't need them, they just walk everywhere, and when they need a ride, someone else has one.... college is usually the worst and best years of some peoples lives, for future referance, just forget this all happened and move on, nothing you can do anymore. Dwelling on what you coulda done woulda done and shoulda done is only gonna make it worse.

thats all bad the same thing happened to my Ls the first week i got it.. the police came an did fingerprints on my car, that actually made me feel a lil better. but since im such vengeful guy i started steakin out in the parkin lots in my car untill i caught the guy breaking into ppl cars. OMG ME AN MY BROTHER BEAR THE ISHHHH OUTTA HIM AN THEN CALLED THE POLICE ON HIM LOL... JUSTICE SERVED!

Beating the $hit outta them would definitely make me feel better lol

Fyi college campuses suck, i have 4 friends who sold there cars when they went to college, they don't need them, they just walk everywhere, and when they need a ride, someone else has one.... college is usually the worst and best years of some peoples lives, for future referance, just forget this all happened and move on, nothing you can do anymore. Dwelling on what you coulda done woulda done and shoulda done is only gonna make it worse.

You do make a point. Nobody got hurt and we still have the car I don't believe there is any damage to it.

This makes me want to go get one of those gps tracking devices to hide inside the ls haha

Same thing happened to us, they broke in my wifes car and then they stole the car I had at the time. They found my car a couple blocks away ditched in a pond but luckily it got stuck in the mud and didn't go in the water. They said they couldn't fingerprint either. I talked to my buddy on the department and he said it costs a bunch of money and it doesn't always work.

Ive thought about setting up a deafening alarm inside the car, as well as the normal outside one. I would hide a switch or one of those quick disconnect's to disable it when I get in just in case the security system fails, to keep from getting hit by it. It would definetely scare the crap out of someone trying to steal something, and they would think twice about sticking around to try to figure out how to disable it while their ears are ringing (have it run off of a second battery, like the one I'll be using for my sub).

The pigs punish and harass about 50 good people (for petty crap) for every one they actually help. To protect and serve is the biggest damned lie I ever heard.

When this topic comes up, I keep trying to remember if I have ever met anyone that needed them, and honestly I haven't.

The pigs punish and harass about 50 good people (for petty crap) for every one they actually help. To protect and serve is the biggest damned lie I ever heard.

+1.

Many are just petty minded, glorified parking attendants/school bullies hiding behind a badge.

'To harass, intimidate and ticket' would be a more appropriate motto.

best thing to do is not keep so much expensive stuff in your car. I know it doesn't help now but unfortunately that's what insurance is for. Most stolen property goes "unfound" anyway, its not just her car. The report allows for statistical patterns to be shown and to increase patrols or stings to that area. Again not helping but there are no fingerprint kits that will detect "reliable" latent prints hours after a crime in an open environment. I hate people who steal :q:q:q:q or destroy a car for no reason, it sucks and maybe you should petition the school to get cameras, thats probably the best idea or find out why the school "cops" weren't patrolling the lots and if they can hire an attendant for it going forward.

When this topic comes up, I keep trying to remember if I have ever met anyone that needed them, and honestly I haven't.

I'm in no way attacking you, just giving my opinion as well. I've met and spoken to a lot of people who actually needed the police on a daily basis, but my experiences are biased. I will agree there are cops out there that got the job to harass. Others got the job to 'protect and serve' and become jaded by the job, because it'll eat you up if you let it, and others are just flat out trained to be dicks, state police troopers for example.

a long time ago, probably back in mid 2001 or early 2002, my parents had a 2000 Dodge Durango R/T with the 5.9L V8. it was parked across the street from my school, somebody broke in and broke the steering column. cop comes and tells my mom she shouldn't have a car like that, like its her fault some moron broke in. i honestly have a lot of respect for cops because my grandfather was one from 1959 to 1984. but i cannot stand the moron cops who give you an attitude or do nothing to help. for example, cops on staten island will go nuts like they won the lotto as soon as they see tinted windows or a nice car, understandable because there's not a lot going on out here. they should atleast dust for finger prints or something. and you have a point about the alarms in our cars, it doesn't do anything if someone wants to break in lol.

I'm in no way attacking you, just giving my opinion as well. I've met and spoken to a lot of people who actually needed the police on a daily basis, but my experiences are biased. I will agree there are cops out there that got the job to harass. Others got the job to 'protect and serve' and become jaded by the job, because it'll eat you up if you let it, and others are just flat out trained to be dicks, state police troopers for example.

+1 there are a lot of power hungry cops out there, which is sad. i've been told lots of stories by family members and friends of cops being idiots and acting like they can do whatever they please when they pull them over. a friend of mine is 18 and got questioned by a cop on why does he have such a nice car, how can he afford it, i mean come on it gets stupid lol.

at least I am not the only one with this point of view lol I called the university and argued with the so called "campus police" ha what a joke that is. My girlfriend pays 250 a year to park on that campus and that is the only parking lot allowed for residents to park at. Why should we pay 250 bucks just to have our cars broken into and have things stolen? I have 2 police officers in my family and I know a few others and I know some of them actually do their job

250 a year to park and thats college, i go to a catholic high school ( nobody acts like good catholic school boys and girls in my school trust me lol) its like $700 a year to park in the back lot, and thats a high school...

250 a year to park and thats college, i go to a catholic high school ( nobody acts like good catholic school boys and girls in my school trust me lol) its like $700 a year to park in the back lot, and thats a high school...[/QUOTE

Idk where you go to school but I go to college too and I only pay 25 bucks haha I mean I'm a commuter but still

Hey at least you get catholic school girls :)

Just get a Jugalo sticker and a sticker that reads "Warning! I DONT call the police!"

Members online

Back