PO 430??/leaking injectors/Magnaflows

2000LSMichael

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I sent out my injectors last year to have cleaned and tested by a injector doctor in the New Jersey area. The '00 LS V8 still had a hard start all last summer and the exhaust smelled like gas. Last week I replaced injectors 5-8 and now the car does not smell like gas and starts right up.

Now I have a PO 430 code (Bank 2). I figured this would happen since I had the gas smell issue.

I read the posts on here about Magnaflow cats - does anyone have them on and do they like them?

Also - has anyone had the PO430 and did new cats fix this? I had installed new 02 sensors at 100,000 miles (it now has 125,000).

I sent out my injectors last year to have cleaned and tested by a injector doctor in the New Jersey area. The '00 LS V8 still had a hard start all last summer and the exhaust smelled like gas. Last week I replaced injectors 5-8 and now the car does not smell like gas and starts right up.

Now I have a PO 430 code (Bank 2). I figured this would happen since I had the gas smell issue.

I read the posts on here about Magnaflow cats - does anyone have them on and do they like them?

Also - has anyone had the PO430 and did new cats fix this? I had installed new 02 sensors at 100,000 miles (it now has 125,000).

the 02 sensor on my car is all f*cked up my check engine light goes on and off on and off on a weekly basis i got it fixed and still dont know whats wrong

switch the sensors from side to side and see if it still throws a P0430. If so, the cat is usually bad. If the cel comes back on with a P0420 (I think) then the O2 sensors are most likely bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back