PLEASE help me find a master cylinder for my LSC!

W

wolfmansmith1959

My 1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC has that @@!!@!@!!! G.D. "hydro boost" master cylinder and guess what? NO ONE, not even O'REILLYS, can GET A REPLACEMENT. Even FORD cannot get it! This is the ONLY transportation I have! I HAVE to get this car fixed or else I'll have to get rid of it, and I am not able to get another vehicle! This is the brake master cylinder with the plastic reservoir with the electric cap in it, and the ABS on the side!
PLEASE!! WHERE can I get a replacement brake master cylinder for this car?
:(

Have you tried Prior Reman?? 1-800-444-4821

Jamies98lsc also has some used stuff...727-938-2939

max

It sounds like the only thing wrong with it is, the brake pressure sensor, which is on the left side of the master cylinder, tilted in an angle. This is the same exact thing that happened to me. I was going to buy a master cylinder and I got the same information from the auto part store for a new master cylinder, which is not exactly the same. I did not buy it. I went back home, disconnected the battery, I took off the brake pressure switch. The switch should have the tip end sticking out. If it is pushed in, that is you problem. This happened to me. Replace this part with a used one from a junkyard for cheap. I put it on, and bled the brakes. The problem was solved. There is no need to take the whole master cylinder off, when all it is, is the pressure switch. GOOD LUCK.

That info could still help someone

Auto junkyards are the first place I go ... well... usually call Ford first on the outside chance a part is available.

Just had an alternator replaced and he says the belt tensioner is worn. Not sliding smoothly. "Buy a new one" he insisted.. Yeah... Right. He's a great mechanic but not very realistic.

I think I am having the same issue how did you take the pressure switch out. I changed the relay and the accumulator ball and have no lights on the dash and I can jump the switch to turn the pump on and the brakes work fine for about 30sec. but I noticed that when I changed the accumulator ball that no brake fluid came out at all even though the brake fluid pod is full and there was none in the old or the new accumulator.

Members online

No members online now.
Back