plastic elbow on PCV valve, WTF? - 2004 V6

Banker

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
um, so how the hell do i get this plastic elbow off the old PCV valve??? :confused:

i mangled the old valve in the vice. but the gashes on the black plastic elbow were there already and i suspect someone else couldnt figure it out either. even if i get it off i suspect ima have a hell of a a time getting it on the new valve. that plastic elbow is not flexible.

am i just stupid? surely someone else has had this problem.

lincoln pcv valve.jpg

well i wish i woulda known before i mangled the old valve that it looks like ford will replace the PCV hose assembly for free up to 100k miles and 10 years. i wonder if this replacement involves this stupid elbow...

Edit: Didn't read post clearly.

Last edited:
Supposedly, this truck part will work. YL8Z-6A614-AA Otherwise, you have to buy a kit of the PCV plumbing.

You buy a new elbow that is not heat hardened for the same price as the PVC valve.
i see...

Supposedly, this truck part will work. YL8Z-6A614-AA Otherwise, you have to buy a kit of the PCV plumbing.

is the pcv system different on the 00-02 V6's and is this part meant for those years? that's what i kinda gathered from searching.

...is the pcv system different on the 00-02 V6's and is this part meant for those years? that's what i kinda gathered from searching.

I'm not sure. You are probably right about that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Crankcase-Vent-Elbow-Part-YL8Z-6767-AA-/260911788529

should be correct.

Your Lincoln: LS | 2004
Emission Control - Crankcase, 2003/2006 From: 11/18/2002To: 04/13/2006;
Exhaust Gas Recirculation, 2003/2004 From: 11/18/2002To: 07/19/2004; 3.0 V6 24V DOHC EFI Modular

6767 Elbow - Crankcase Ventilation Tube YL8Z-6767-AA Curved, From: 11/18/2002 To: 04/13/2006 2003/ 2006
List $9.98 $7.54

im not even sure that if i buy that elbow that i can get on the new valve :frown:

Dude,

It had to get on there in the first place. What else are you going to do at this point, put the old one back on?

If the new one is hard to put on put it in a pan of hot water for a few minutes.

good idea. i was gonna try my heat gun but someone borrowed it... like a year ago...

Be warned, the new elbow may not be "heat hardened" but it is still pretty stiff.

I used a large C clamp to push the PCV valve and elbow together. It was the first thing I could think of (that I had laying around) and it worked very well.

I highly doubt the old one will come out.

I went through this last month. Used emory paper to sand down the barb on the PCV valve till it started to fit in hose. Used some glue on the inside of the elbow. I dont think this is a high pressure conection. Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back