Planning to buy a 2003 Altima 3.5

Lincoln Mark VII

1. TovinoThomas

TovinoThomas New LVC Member

Hey, so I’m planning on buying a 2003 Nissan Altima, 3.5 V6, automatic. Car has 97,000 kilometres(60k miles) on it and is in really excellent condition(no rust, engine and everything else checks out ok). I took it to a mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection and the mechanic said it was fine except to change brakes/rotors, which was ok. Then he also found that the steering fluid was leaking and that the steering rack also has to be changed although not immediately. I’m getting the car for $3000(all inclusive), the mechanic also mentioned that this car isn’t worth getting because these are notorious for transmission issues so stay away from it. I’m a student so I don’t have too much of a budget so I’m unlikely to stomach something like a transmission failure or engine failure.tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

I was wondering what people who owned similar model year Altima or people who worked on them think about it and whether or not it’s a deal worth getting for $3000?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. AmsterDutch

AmsterDutch Dedicated LVC Member

Well I found this review for you ...personally...I must admit I have no experience with this car and know very little about it...I do know it's in relation with Mitsubishi Motors

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
    Review
    The car is magnificantly overall a good car for someone who wants the 350Z but, also wants better seating compacity.(Maybe I could be over-saying it a little bit, but this is a very fast var for a sedan.) I am at 105,000 miles and the cars is still driving like it was brand new; though I accelerate very fast on average. I love this car. Though, this is only my second car; I have driven many sports cars and this cars does very well for a front wheel drive. This car drives just as good as my father's BMW 745 except for the smoothness. The 745 is a lot smoother. I would recommend this car to anyone who basically wants a "four-door sports car. But this is a great car....Enough said!
    Best Features
    Acceleration Braking Ability to make really fast turns Suspensions (Ride comfort) Gas MPG ....
    Worst Features
    Turning Radius for a Midsized Sedan. I mean, really Nissan? In my opinion, as much power this car has it should either be Rear or All-wheel drive. Not Front. Interior materials seem to break/crack very easily.