Pepperman Mark Build

kustomizingkid

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So here is the Pepperman build. The whole idea behind this project was to make this car as reliable as possible covering all the major repairs. This included a 98+ Trans and a coil conversion.

So here is what I started with when I picked up the car in Wisconsin Dells from Rich's son Joe.
DSC_9778.jpg

DSC_9781.jpg

DSC_9782.jpg

DSC_9786.jpg

Thanks to everyone who donated parts and money we were able to get this off the ground, here is a little pile of parts :D
DSCN0009.jpg

Like Christmas :D
DSCN0011.jpg

Boy do I like shiny new parts.
DSCN0013.jpg

Here is the donor in the shop.
DSCN0015.jpg

Tearing into it.
DSCN0019.jpg

DSCN0022.jpg

Brand new U joints installed in the 93 drive shaft.
DSCN0024.jpg

Walbro 255 fuel pump.
DSCN0026.jpg

New Upper control arms, and the coil conversion was already done.
DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

Now onto the transmission, the 95 had a bad transmission when I got it. I picked up a 99 Mustang transmission with 37k, seems like it was a little beat on but it should be great. To convert it to fit in the Mark I swapped over all the electronics and the shift lever from the 95 to the 99. While I was in there I did a JMOD.
DSCN0028.jpg

DSCN0029.jpg

DSCN0031.jpg

DSCN0032.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

Broke the exhaust manifold studs taking the exhaust off.
DSCN0038.jpg

Also while pulling the transmission I stripped two of the torque converter nuts so I torched them off, which resulted in me having to replace the flexplate, no biggie. Before putting the new transmission in I replaced the IAC Valve and the EGR tube.
DSCN0055.jpg

Made a new tool :D
DSCN0057.jpg

Put a nice big cooler on to keep the new transmission safe and happy.
DSCN0058.jpg

While I was under the car I installed a set of kframe braces so Pepperman can corner like a pro.
DSCN0039.jpg

Prepped for paint.
DSCN0059.jpg

At the paint shop!
DSCN0061.jpg

Now the pictures fell off as I got super busy trying to get the car to Boscobel on time... which I did! On the way down we hit a few snags, lost a cap on a tire and forgot the spare. And then we got pulled over :D
DSCN0062.jpg

So there ya go!

Ok, I know what KK looks like but whos the skinny kid in all the pictures? That car looks great man, you did a good thing.

This is the kind of stuff that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside I wish I could have helped out. But I didn't know tell it was to late peps hope you love your car and take care of it like your own child

You guys are a great asset to the LVC Community. Everyone involved gets a Gold Star!

At_The_Beach.gif

Great job Brandon. Almost wish I would have sold you my car just as a thanks for doing Peppermans! :lol:

Chit KK, you have no fear and just jump right in with both feet on this stuff. I respected you before but this just brought it up a few more notches.

The brace is really freakin cool! I had that thought when I installed my last set of braces thinking how much more riged it would be if it was a single brace with a tab just like yours. You need to market those. If you had them for sale for around $200 then I would have bought that over the SCP braces.

Now go make me some subframe braces! :mad: :p :lol:

Saturn5 donated the braces, they are great! I will try and post up a list of all the people who donated to the project.

Awesome thing to do, but can someone fill me in as to who is Pepperman (I mean, I know hes a guy on the board) but what made him so deserving?

So here is the Pepperman build. The whole idea behind this project was to make this car as reliable as possible covering all the major repairs. This included a 98+ Trans and a coil conversion.

KK you did an Excellent Job. :cool:

Ok, I know what KK looks like but whos the skinny kid in all the pictures? That car looks great man, you did a good thing.

Yup that is the hankyman. :cool:

This is the kind of stuff that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside I wish I could have helped out. But I didn't know tell it was to late peps hope you love your car and take care of it like your own child

I fully intend to. :D

Ahem.... Those are my braces.... ;) And I ask $150+ ship for a set.

Thank you SATURN5 for the donation, very cool. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHH pepperman... you did the quote a million pictures reply thing, shame shame... I'll let it slide this time ;)

I'm probably going to order some braces - is that a weld or just a bolt on job?

I'm probably going to order some braces - is that a weld or just a bolt on job?

Fronts are both. There is a piece that needs welded to each subframe at the rearmost bolt.

IRS brace is strictly bolt on.

Pep, you are welcome. :)

The braces are weld on, but it is a quick quick weld job...

As far as what makes Pepperman deserving... well be around here for a few years and come to some meets and maybe you will understand...

Awesome thing to do, but can someone fill me in as to who is Pepperman (I mean, I know hes a guy on the board) but what made him so deserving?

As far as i know,the story goes like this....

Pepps bought a towncar, came across this site,joined, posted a bajillion post in a short time, befriended many folks. then Mespock started his Boscobel party and pepps went to it, told many people over the years HOW BADLY he wanted a mark Viii but could not afford one.

now,i dont know pepps except from reading on here,but as best i can tell a lot of people have grown to love him and the result is what we see here.

someone who actually had a hand in this and knows pepps personally can tell us if that is about right.

What makes Pepps deserving, that's a bold question and shouldn't be asked ...

He's Pepps and that's all he needs to be ...

Read all the posts by his friends that's all you need to know ... We care about Pepps He's LvC's best friend.

Pepps is everyone's friend here. He's got a 20 year old town car with no A/C which kept him from last year's meet. He lives in steamy Oklahoma. The guy is a saint and deserves better from life. This is the least that can be done to say thanks.

Yeah thats a question I never asked. I only interacted with Pepperman a couple times here on the site when Rich approached me with what they wanted to do. I knew his situation and thought if I could help then I would. Since then I have talked to him in chat allot and hes just a good dude. His friends wanted to do something nice for him and they did. Its not a question of how deserving he is, its just friendship. Pure and simple.
Look at me. I don't deserve chit but my friends wanted to help me out and they saved my ass on here. Again, its just friendship. You have a friend in need and if you are a real friend you help out if you can. Its like when Sapperfires alt blew out a few days ago. He cant buy a new one till payday so I told him come take my new one cause I ain't using it right now. :lol:

Sorry, I am rambling. :lol:

The only thing missing from Pepps car is the Sam Kinison mural on the hood.

Hey I downloaded the latest CarTalk podcast this week

The title is " The Pep's Lincoln"

""#1029: The Pep's Lincoln This week on Car Talk, Tom and Ray's pal Pepe learns the dark and sordid truth about the mishap that befell his beloved Lincoln on a snowy night""

no joke!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back