pcv valve, and house

00_slow_5spd_ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok first off, yes i search. the search feature on this board sucks btw.

anyway.

2000 lincoln ls v6 140k

replaced intake gaskets, upper and lower last year. new coil packs, plugs etc...

car is throwing code p0171, and p0174
i have researched it down to the pcv hose under the intake manifold. i have the following part numbers and am wondering if anyone had this issue which im sure someone has and if these are the correct part numbers

pcv valve ev243

infamous pcv hose xw4z6758ba

again i did use the search feature and could not find the part numbers.

Last edited:
I'd like to help, but I can't really see what you're asking. You pulled the part numbers, so you have them. What exactly are you asking? If the hose can do that to your system? If that is what you are asking, then yeah, if those codes point to a failure in the hose or valve (hose is most likely), you need to rip into it and change them. I'm assuming that you did not do this last year when you did the rest of the tune-up? Well, that does suck, It's a 100K mile maintenance item. If I was changing right bank coils and plugs on a V6, I would consider changing the PCV and hose if I was less than 50K miles from its scheduled window of maintenance, just because it blows ripping that top engine apart for $35 worth of expendable PM items.

The good news is, you should be able to clean your intake gaskets with carb cleaner and paper towels or shop rags and they will be as good as new. Since you've been in there before, you know what to expect on the job.

When that hose goes bad, it usually is melted open from heat.

I've yet to see a PCV valve go bad in any of my cars, dating back to the Nixon years. But for $10, you just ignore that fact and toss the mofo when it's time to.

If this is not what you are asking about, please restate your question for us.

:D

Sure I had that

At 62k my 01 V6 needed the hose and PCV. This is very common issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back