pass side seat track problem.

Modular97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i got a new used seat track but i cannot take the old seat track off b/c i cannot get to the rear bolts. The seat wont move forward to clear enough space for me to get my rachet in there. Now how the **** am i supposed to take this **** apart. If anyone knows i'd really like to know...thanks.

Get in the back seat. Put both of your feet on the base of the seat. Have someone move the switch forward while you push the seat with your feet. It has worked for me in the past.

when i parted out my mark that had no battery and the seats moved fully to the rear. i used a 13mm 1/4" drive shallow socket and removed the bolts holding the seat to the track.
then i removed the front two holding the track to the floor with the same 13mm socket. the rear i think was a 15mm, i used a shallow also. the outside one was easy. the inside one i put the socket on the bolt then put the ratchet on the socket. there was only enough room for about 1/8 of a turn.

For the hard inside rear one I use a 3/8" u-joint and a 4 " extension its tight but works

the thing is that the seat is all the way back....i cant even see the screw....this thing is a bitch. ill probably take out the hammer and do a good'ol cammel on it.

when i parted out my mark that had no battery and the seats moved fully to the rear. i used a 13mm 1/4" drive shallow socket and removed the bolts holding the seat to the track.
then i removed the front two holding the track to the floor with the same 13mm socket. the rear i think was a 15mm, i used a shallow also. the outside one was easy. the inside one i put the socket on the bolt then put the ratchet on the socket. there was only enough room for about 1/8 of a turn.

For the hard inside rear one I use a 3/8" u-joint and a 4 " extension its tight but works

That happened to the driver's side seat on my black '93. I had to do the same thing "mrt2you" & "slowmkviii" did. It just takes a lot of patience.

All i hear is a bunch of whining. Do something already..

Members online

No members online now.
Back