Painting Rocker Panels?

01LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had an idea the other day, I wanted to try painting my rocker panels body color so they match... what i really want is the LSE body kit but i really dont have that kind of money right now and i think the body color rocker panels will be hot... and also the black strips underneath the front and rear bumpers. Anybody ever do this? any ideas on how I should go about doing it... Where can I get my color paint in spray cans?

Thanks,
--Josh

I was gonna do it but I figure if Im gonna go thru pulling them off that I might as well put something else on....O well If it looks good and someones done it post some PICS

I think that this would go a long way toward making a car look lower. Mine is Midnight Gray Metallic, so the black blends in really well. It does make my car look lower than lighter colored LS's.

I have seen a white 2000 LS on 20s with painted lower plastics, looks really nice, gave the car this fat low look. Will look really nice on a light colored cars, white, silver, etc. I think it would be better to take it to body shop and have em do it using proffesional quality materials so they wouldn't chip off easy.

Josh,

I remember an LS owner from another forum that did this exact thing. It looked really good after he got it done. Since the lower valances and side skirts are textured you'll have some extra time prepping them. You can purchase the paint in spray cans at www.paintscratch.com. Just remember to add flex additive to the paint.

Good idea, post pics if you go thru with it. Remember take your time and like Ken said, add a flex agent. Good luck.

-Scott-

GrayGhost1 said:
Josh,

Since the lower valances and side skirts are textured you'll have some extra time prepping them. Just remember to add flex additive to the paint.

I second that. The paint will end up peeling off if the skirts are not prepared properly and you will have a mess in a few months.

thanks guys for the replies i'm gonna talk to a local body shop and see what they think. i have a guy that i deal with all the time i'm gonna ask him what he thinks i should do

Thanks,
--Josh

Members online

No members online now.
Back