Painted calipers?

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Who has painted their calipers? What paint did you use?

I'm thinking of doing mine but have no idea what color I want to use. Possibilities are silver, black, red, or blue. I was thinking of using this brand (can't find their homepage right now) http://raceshopper.com/brake_paint.shtml

Black03 said:
Who has painted their calipers? What paint did you use?

I'm thinking of doing mine but have no idea what color I want to use. Possibilities are silver, black, red, or blue. I was thinking of using this brand (can't find their homepage right now) http://raceshopper.com/brake_paint.shtml

I used 'brake caliper paint' from Pep Boyz.

caliper.JPG

Did you just remove caliper from rotor, remove brake pad and spray paint on the caliper? Or was masking involved?

whatsupadrian said:
Did you just remove caliper from rotor, remove brake pad and spray paint on the caliper? Or was masking involved?

I just masked up everything and put a plastic bag over the rotor. It took about 2 hours from start to finish for all four calipers.

:I

I actually sprayed the paint into a bowl - then used a paint brush to coat it on. I put on 'several' really thick coats.

I just bought some of the blue metalcast paint from kregan. The they had demo of that paint on valve covers and that red looks a lot better in person then in the photo. Wondering why not paint that sheild that is right behind the rotor.

How well do you think BODY PAINT would hold up??? Even if you put on heat paint primer and heat paint clear coat?? I really want to paint my calipers.. but with a my medium charcoal green color, any other color than black would just make me look like a christmas tree on wheels. I'm ordering some paint from duplicolor that is exact color match and I was wondering if the calipers would take it... With the heat paint primer and clear coat... what do you guys think?

I did mine in black first and did not like it so I painted them RED and used the duplicolor products. Black LS, black tires and black claipers just didnt look good.

Hey what color do you think would look good on my pearl white tri color. I'm thinking maybe the duplicolor silver

yeah the frosty blue does sound cool any ideas on who makes that color caliper paint

I would check out the duplicolor products

search for them on the web. you might find it in an auto parts store if you are lucky. Likely have to order it.

eL eS said:
I would check out the duplicolor products

search for them on the web. you might find it in an auto parts store if you are lucky. Likely have to order it.

Kregan carries a lot of duplicolor products. my can of metalcast cost me like 7 bucks.

eL eS said:
I did mine in black first and did not like it so I painted them RED and used the duplicolor products. Black LS, black tires and black claipers just didnt look good.
So how about black calipers and red tires ??? :N Anyways, they make specific caliper paint for them, believe its by duplicolor, just go to the zone, or local shop, they'll have it. Im getting a set of wilwood brakes for my ls, so I wont need to paint them.

1BADLS said:
So how about black calipers and red tires ??? :N Anyways, they make specific caliper paint for them, believe its by duplicolor, just go to the zone, or local shop, they'll have it. Im getting a set of wilwood brakes for my ls, so I wont need to paint them.

Nice!

Members online

Back