P1565 - "B" Camshaft Position Actuator Control Open Circuit Bank 1 (BMW)

DMcBrideBoston

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this DTC?

There is no information I can find via google or this site with that code.

Thank You

Dave

That's a code for a BMW.

This is for a Ford:

P1565 Speed control comand switch out of range high

wow, i thought that was wierd, but it was listed on this forum.....so i trusted it...

What the hell is a speed command switch?

thanks

:confused: 2001 lincoln ls 3.9 110,000 miles. today CEL light came on running like sh*t, pulled codes, got cylinder 8 misfire, replaced coil, now it is running fine but i am still getting p1565 speed control switch out of range high. what is this and how do i go about fixing it? is it something that i should worry about?:confused:

The speed control switch is the button that sets the cruise control speed. My guess would be that your clockspring is bad. Which is a fairly common problem.

can somebody show me in a picture or diagram where this part is and maybe a part number? estimated price?

ok ive done more research on this clockspring issue. is it possible that my squeaking steering wheel might be caused by the clockspring also? it only squeaks when going up or down not when i spin the wheel and not when telescoping out

"clockspring" P/N XW4Z-14A664-AA retail 111.06 LVC $93.29 plus shipping

Max

ok ive done more research on this clockspring issue. is it possible that my squeaking steering wheel might be caused by the clockspring also? it only squeaks when going up or down not when i spin the wheel and not when telescoping out

No the clockspring would only affect the wheel when it is turning.

Its pretty much just a wound up strand of flat cable. Its inside a plastic housing that lets it slide one way or the other when you turn the wheel, and it just carries the electrical signals from the audio, cruise, horn, and airbag components that are mounted on the steering wheel down into the main wiring harness under the dashboard. Problem is after a while the wires inside the cable get fatigued and can break which interferes with the signals.

"clockspring" P/N XW4Z-14A664-AA retail 111.06 LVC $93.29 plus shipping

Max
Does Max still sell parts? I guess I realized when I hit reply that max posted that so... do you still have a clock spring for an 01 for $99? If so PM me purchase details please.

Members online

No members online now.
Back