P1237-Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit Fault

bratlie

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody-

I've got an '02 LS V8 not starting. Will not fire at all. Hooked it up to a code reader and got the P1237 fuel pump message. Any ideas on a place to start?

Thanks-

Matt

If I remember correctly this code usually boils down to needing a fuel pump. Check in the trunk in the fuse panel by the spare tire check if a fuse is blown. Its been awhile so I forgot which fuse it is. If you find one blown replace it and see if it starts it probably will, but you are still going to need a fuel pump if this is the code I am thinking it is. I can check tomorrow at work to be sure?

P.S did you ever get those ball joints replaced?
Let me know if you need someone local and reasonable to do them.

just thought I'd add to this the fuse in the trunk is a 15 amp mini fuse it is position 17. I was racking my brain after replacing the fuel pump as to what else it could be causing the problem.
Thanks Lanestang!
P.S. our 02 LS lost hte pump at 118k if it might help someone as to weather this is their problem.

Do any of you guys know where the fuel pump secondary circuit is located? I have an 03 lincoln ls 3.9L. I got this code after bleeding the air from the coolant system, was trying to raise rpms between 2000-2500. But when I was giving it throttle rpms would stay at its resting rpm. First time this happened. The car drives fine though.

P1237 - Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit (Fuel Pump Driver Module)
The "fuel pump driver module" is a part of the REM (Rear Electronics Module). The REM is in the trunk, on the right side, behind the factory trunk light.

Members online

No members online now.
Back