OVR CST: Transmission Rebuild Time

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It is going to be soon. Within a month or so. No later then April. But I have a few last comments and questions. If you can remember. This is for a 1984 Lincoln Mark VII, LSC. I gave this car to my wife. She has been begging me to start getting this done. So. . .

Torque Converter, I was thinking of a 2K stall. Just to give it more off the line ummphhh. I want to have them install a shift kit also. They sell one and gave me a price of $150 or close to that. (Installed) Should I buy there shift kit or buy something aftermarket. If so, what brand and can you give me a product number. It would be a great help for me, if someone had that info. Also, I was going to have them install a trans cooler. Since the t.c. will be putting off more heat. How big should I go. Should I do a heavy duty cooler of what? This will be used for city and highway. No more then 60-65 mph on a daily base. Unless we travel.

You have an AOD. C6 is big block Ford. 2000k ain't :q:q:q:q. Try 2500-2800. Coolers are always good. Bigger is better.

re-Markable LSC said:
You have an AOD. C6 is big block Ford. 2000k ain't :q:q:q:q. Try 2500-2800. Coolers are always good. Bigger is better.

Its no race car. I don't know. Its going to be driven by my wife and will have my son in it. She likes to go, vrrmmmm. But, I dunno. . .

what he said about bigger the better, not true. you want ur trans to stay at about 180'F, that is if you have good parts in it. i just put a trans in my mark, and it is a aod that is raced out, i only got a 1800 stall, and i am very unhappy. try to go for something that is a little bit higher. at least 2500

I'm going to PM you.....

You should know by now to contact me when it is TRANSMISSION related. (See SIG) I am not expert, but just as damn handy at it as anyone. I'll get you straigtened out.

C6........(I'm not laughing) but do some research bro!

I wouldn't touch an aftermarket aod unless it was built buy lentech! As for the rebuild, be damn sure that they install an aode style 2" od drum/band conversion and supercoupe od servo. for a converter, contact www.tcsproducts.com and talk to their tech's. They will hook you up with exactly what you need!

Members online

No members online now.
Back