Overheating issues. Replaced degas bottle...

RichieboyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have been having some overheating problems. Starting a few months ago I overheated and heater was blowing cold. After googling on the side of the highway I ran the car with the radiator cap off until it stopped bubbling over refilled coolant. Some how that fixed things for a while. Now I overheated again couldn't fix it myself. Mechanic said I have a cracked degas bottle so we replaced it. Still overheating. Now he said my head gasket is blown. I don't agree partially because I don't want to and I think he just can't explain why it's still overheating. Still not getting heat in the cabin. Getting a second opinion. Did they maybe not bleed the system right and there is air stuck blocking the coolant flow? Please not a head gasket. If anyone could add they're opinion I will be grateful.

the next step could be the thermostat. My '01 is having the same problem. I am replacing the degas bottle and bleeding it today. if that doesn't work, I'm trying a new thermostat.

odd question though, have you checked your oil recently? I'm no mechanic, but a year or so ago my car starting overheating because I needed oil badly. I don't really know the connection between the 2 mechanically enough to explain, but you might have a slow oil leak that is depleting your oil enough to make it overheat. I could be totally wrong.

My 2002 Lincoln LS V8 just had the water pump replaced and thermostat and radiator and fan and it still overheats. Am now told it is definitely not the head gasket but a catalytic converter gone bad-plugged up and causing car to overheat. has anyone ever heard of that???

Any update?

My 2002 Lincoln LS V8 just had the water pump replaced and thermostat and radiator and fan and it still overheats. Am now told it is definitely not the head gasket but a catalytic converter gone bad-plugged up and causing car to overheat. has anyone ever heard of that???

I just saw this post and am wondering how this all turned out? Did catalytic fix it or ... ?

Thread revival.....

I'm pretty sure I have a bad Cat... Was this part of the issue? Can this cause overheating even tho everything else seems to run fine?

Sure,a bad cat causes heat back-up to the head,increasing the load on the cooling system........BUT you should get a code flashed. don-ohio :)^)

Sure,a bad cat causes heat back-up to the head,increasing the load on the cooling system........BUT you should get a code flashed. don-ohio :)^)
Yea I had a code scan... it stated these...

1915e4d959d56628d5d6fc369e25234e.jpg

Yes,the misfires make the O2 sensor read lean,real lean,and they are richening your mixture and they will eventually plug your cats. don-ohio :)^)

Members online

No members online now.
Back