outside mirror

Jibit

Dearly Departed Friend
Reaction score
I noticed the other day that when I got off the highway and the car was leveling itself to normal ride height (I was stopped at the light) it appeared that the mirrors adjusted themselves according to the amount the car raised. Did this actually happen or am I seeing things? It would make sense but I'm wondering if it was an illusion. If the angle of the car changed the mirrors would have to be adjusted from highway driving to regular driving. I know they move when in reverse. Anyone have a clue on this one?

IM not sure - but I think they do move when the car rises and lowers -- aince your angle of view would change due to the height

Jibit said:
I noticed the other day that when I got off the highway and the car was leveling itself to normal ride height (I was stopped at the light) it appeared that the mirrors adjusted themselves according to the amount the car raised. Did this actually happen or am I seeing things? It would make sense but I'm wondering if it was an illusion. If the angle of the car changed the mirrors would have to be adjusted from highway driving to regular driving. I know they move when in reverse. Anyone have a clue on this one?
Monica will NOT do this.
If anything, it was just your rear bags deflating, changing the angle of the entire vehicle.

OldSchool1 said:
Whoops, of coarse it wasn't Monica ... this is the Mark VIII forum.
D'oh!

Funny, I think you are the first to reply to my cars by their names besides me!

May not help.... but I have the switches on my mark and when I hit the switch, first the front goes down, then sends a rush to the rear air bags, and the rear actually rises before it lowers... and when I start the car again, first the front fills up, then the back starts when the front is finished. I can easily see everything move in the mirrors.

Members online

No members online now.
Back