out on a whim, need flywheel

00_slow_5spd_ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
posting from my phone so I need to be short. I am in need of a flywheel for a 2000 lsv6 manual trans. Anyone have a used one? Point me in the right direction. Currently on work travel. Thanks for the helo

call Gundies Auto Recycling 1-800-444-4344 says they have one in grade "a" condition for $200

I also found one(2001) in TX no price listed but might be cheaper then 200. Ryan's auto 1-832-328-1200

I really appreciate the help guys. Gundies said none in stock and no answer from ryans auto in tx. I will try them again in the morning. Still @ work right now. Thanks again

Dude recheck that site. You have to pick M.T. not auto trans for the flywheel to show up. You click auto and none comes up.

Just want to help you out guy. I ran flywheel on another parts finder site and it popped up MT flywheel at Ryans. So that seconded the call on flywheel not flexplate. Hope it works out for ya.Hey what happened to yours where you need a new one?

well i was on work travel for a month, i was in puerto rico for 3 weeks and san diego for a week. i let my brother use my car while i was gone. when i came home and started it, i noticed it shook at idle. i found it alittle odd because it never shook at idle. i downshifted into 3rd on an off ramp and the car started shaking like crazy. i barley made it onto a side street. had the car towed my mechanic and he found the flywheel shattered.

again, i really appreciate the help.
thanks

i dont see how he couldve shattered the flywheel. lord knows ive tried pretty hard to break everything

did you try 6K neutral drops?

i would check the inside the rear fender and wheel well area for "burnout boogers"

someone has been raggin on your car

Dang man, so weird ! Ive done my best to F|_|(K up my drivetrain and my car still runs super smoothly.

Time for an upgrade/improvement??

It's odd that you'd need one now right when I'm thinking of changing mine over to a single mass flywheel. I was going to check the local shops and see if the ones for the mazda 6 v6 with the 5 speed would work. Maybe you can try that route also. Good luck either way.

It's odd that you'd need one now right when I'm thinking of changing mine over to a single mass flywheel. I was going to check the local shops and see if the ones for the mazda 6 v6 with the 5 speed would work. Maybe you can try that route also. Good luck either way.

local shops arent going to know anything, just gotta grab a used setup and throw it in there real quick and see. ive had an 05 mazda 6 apart and im pretty sure it will work. 75% sure.lol

Check the Ford Countour forums. There is ppl trying to use out Getrag with the 3.0 duratec. I read a post (searching for short throw shifter's options) saying there is a bounch of upgrades available for out tranny, maybe if u go that route u may find something. I dont remember which forum tho :(

bmx, I'd be willing to go to napa and purcjase one to give to my mech and see if it fits. My only question is did you take messurements of the flywheel or did it just look familar??

eyeballed it.... lol.... thats why im gonna buy a used one with clutch first and throw it in there and see what happens. i would imagine youd need the clutch as well

only takes about an hour and a half to swap clutch and flywheel so im gonna give it shot one of these weekends

Members online

No members online now.
Back