our new 96 tc (Danielle)

slowmkviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
102,450 miles
Needs blend door actuator and cruise control fixed.

Has anyone put memory seat function into one without it on here before?

IMG_20130810_154732_009.jpg

IMG_20130810_154120_326.jpg

Do you have a LF seat motor assembly available with the memory feature to swap into the car? There are position sensors that are a part of it and also the power recliner motor if so equipped. You will also need a left front seat module and, a memory seat switch and of course the wiring harnesses to make it as easy as possible, although it can be free-lance wired if you know your way around a road map.

It sure wouldn't be worth all that effort to me, but that's me.

I have all the needed parts in the 95 next to it
Just wondering if its a simple 1 day job.

Did plugs, trans flush and air filter.
She's running much better so I washed her and scrubbed the wheels to reward her.
Blend door actuator fix it self so now it will fail in January.

Did plugs, trans flush and air filter.
She's running much better so I washed her and scrubbed the wheels to reward her.
Blend door actuator fix it self so now it will fail in January.

I had a 95 TC Green inside and out. Nicknamed it the "tiger woods" edition. Hideous green leather. The blend door would stick when the seasons changed, but luckily it never acted up mid season. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Did the blend door actuator when it got cold out a few months ago.
I did have to do rear brake lines from the drivers door back.
One failed from rust which surprised me cause the car is next to rust free and it failed on a -10° day.

Welcome to the club slowmkviii I've given my 1993 Lincoln TC the nickname joyce mine has 190k miles so you can expect another 90k miles on my end strong cars.

I wouldn't be surprised with proper maintenance if you see it to 250K or more, these cars were designed to last long, that's why cars like these were so popular with fleet sales and as limousines.

I'm no stranger to panther cars.
Just sold my 95 town car last night with 250k on it, sold my 93 tc a few years back with 283k and in 03 I sold my 84 crown Vic with 285k.
The Vic still ran and drove perfect I just over reacted and sold it when the heater core failed.

They sure were great cars. It was sad to see them go. Even though i'm a GM guy I have always liked the Panther cars. The one I like best was the 90-97 Town Cars.

270k was on "tiger woods" when I sold it. I still see it running around 3 years later. Belching big clouds of oil smoke at every stoplight. Other than the massive amounts of oil it consumed, it was awesome. Still ran as smooth as it did with 122k when I got it. Change the rear air ride to colis, and you'll never have an issue with the suspension. Town Cars are awesome.

Change out the air that's just not right but I did do it to my first two and my new one is already on coils.
If I had the money I would convert back to air, I miss it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back