Orlando Custom Shops?

Midas78

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey - any custom shops in Orlando? I'd like to get my brake calipers painted, flowmaster exhaust installed, and any future body kits, wings, etc. I would paint the calipers, but I hear too many warnings from mechanics about touching anything to do with the brakes unless your experienced.
South Beach would be a great place for an LS get together. :give

Thanks.

i myself is still searching, but today i had a SCT chip installed at a shop in longwood. they pretty much dont do a whole lot, but i ask them if they do brake jobs and they said yes they seem pretty honest which is a good thing. all i saw was rustangs, i seen a pretty sweet looking "saleen" if it really was one. so im considering that this one might be on my list so far, but im going to keep searching.

painting the calipers is very very easy. honestly, pull a wheel off - paint one - repeat x 3 more. some folks masked everything off and sprayed, I simply painted with a brush.

I had the local meineke muffler shop install my custom exhaust (w/flowmasters) - good work - cheap.

Thanks for your responses. I'll probably paint the brake calipers this weekend then. Now how can I get the wheel off? I don't have a key for the lug nut lock, do I have to get that from the Lincoln dealer or can I get one at an Autozone type store? :slam

not usually - most are keyed to millions of combinations.

Usually if you lost the key you have to:
- if you have the code you have to call the lock manufacturer and get a new key
- if you don't have the code you have to cut/break the lock nut off

Quik LS said:
not usually - most are keyed to millions of combinations.

Usually if you lost the key you have to:
- if you have the code you have to call the lock manufacturer and get a new key
- if you don't have the code you have to cut/break the lock nut off

I've already had the tires rotated and the locks are still on the wheels. I guess I need to call the dealership or the place who rotated my tires.
When I got the LS a key was never given to me and stupid me, this is the first car I've ever had with locks on the wheels and I didn't think to ask about it. :Bang

not sure how they rotated you tires without the key..... even the dealership would need the key - it's not a generic one-size fits all.

Quik LS said:
not sure how they rotated you tires without the key..... even the dealership would need the key - it's not a generic one-size fits all.

I just called the dealership - they have a master key, they told me I'll have to order one from them. I think I'll just call the place I bought it from and get them to take care of it. Thanks for your help.

Quik LS said:
painting the calipers is very very easy. honestly, pull a wheel off - paint one - repeat x 3 more. some folks masked everything off and sprayed, I simply painted with a brush.

I had the local meineke muffler shop install my custom exhaust (w/flowmasters) - good work - cheap.

he is right. Hey thanks for stopping in quik!

Members online

Back