Ordering Sport Shocks? - Do it soon to save money

regiment1

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For anyone who is planning to order rear sport shocks, I got the following notification from RockAuto today:

"We just needed to let you know that Motorcraft has replaced part# AT704G with part# ASH24468.

This is simply a supersede and the part should be identical, just with a
new part number.

We have updated your order and there will be no cost difference to you."

So for me, no harm no foul. For anyone wanting to order them, however, there is a big price difference in the two part numbers:

AT704G are about $78. ASH24468 are about $115.

So order AT704G immediately, before they only list ASH24468 and save yourself $40/shock.

What's the latest and greatest part number for the front sport shock? If its there, its not clearly shown on rock auto.

I like that I can still get euro rears since I usually have a little extra weight in the trunk.

I've been trying to get a list together of the following and have been having a tough time either finding the right part or deciding which ones. Sport shocks, front sway bar, brake rotors, and brake pads.

Aren't these here the sport shocks front and rear? I cross referenced with Ford's site and these seem to be the ones. Unless I'm missing something.

Screenshot2012-06-02at71804AM.png

Mine's an '02. I don't think they are interchangeable. I see special suspension but only rears.

Oh, I thought all suspensions were the same '00-'06 model years. Believe me when I saw this I was questioning. It's hard to find parts when there's multiple part numbers everywhere and diagrams don't show part numbers and what not.

they recently changed them again. I did see that thread and looked through many more. Everything seems to start with "ASH" now.

I looked on my invoice from Max when I ordered sport shocks from him in April and it reads:

BU2Z 18V124 R: Shock Absorber AS L114 Part interchanges with part# ASH24464

BU2Z 18V125 U: Shock absorber AS L118 part interchanges with part# ASH24468

ASH24464 are the fronts
ASH24468 are the rears

Members online

Back