Opti Coat 2.0

marcredd

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am truly trying to find a reason not to try this product. Everything I have read says it is the closest thing to a clear coat but can be hand applied(tough to apply but appears to be worth it). Lasts for approximately 4 years.

http://www.opti-coat.com/

I understand. Thankfully, mine is still in great enough condition, minus the few small blems here and there, to warrant trying it and save me on a complete paint job in the next 2 years. Hell, my hood and bumper cover are less than 9 months removed from fresh paint and the car has basically been parked for the last 3 months. It is tough for me not to invest in it and see what I get. My main concern is application as everything I read says it is not at all for the amateur to apply.

I may have my paint shop apply it.

Its durability is excellent, at the cost of looks. Should be fine on a white car though. My next car is definitely getting the treatment.

I recommend having a reputable detailing shop/individual familiar with the product to apply it, versus a body shop. There are some tricks to a good application. I'd search autopia.org for detailers in your area.

It's also a good idea to clay and polish the paint prior to application, so you don't lock the bad stuff in :)

Car was clayed last week. It is ready to go. Just need to wash and remove the coat of wax put on it last week. Luckily, my paint shop also has a detail business as well so I am comfortable with them handling the job.

Members online

No members online now.
Back