One of the other cars.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Pulled this thing out of its hidding spot today. Its been stored in one of my brothers garages for several years. Fresh motor, just need to finish fine tuning the carb. It likes to coil up the axle and trash u-joints if you get on it so I have to change the leaf springs first before anything. Maybe this winter...

Anyways snap a few shots as I don't really have any pics of it.

Cobrapassside.jpg

Cobradrside.jpg

Cobraint.jpg

Nice. Whats some stats on the motor?

Stock 76 block punched .04
Stock crank
Stock rod with ARP studs
Speed Pro forged pistons
Around 9.5 comp
Stock 76 heads ported by myself, Manley Valves enlarged to 1.85 and 1.55, 5 angle, converted to screw in studs and adjustable rockers, ARP locks
Comp valve springs
Comp Cam Etreme Energy .530 and .523 lift
Comp 1.7 roller tip rockers
Comp push rods
Hedman headers
TorkerII intake
Holley 670
March UDPs
Electric fan
No power steering
2.5" duals, X-pipe, MangaFlow 2 n 2 out

Trans has about 10k on it
B&M transpak
Stock converter (MustangIIs used a 10" 2400 stall stock)

Stock 8" rear with 3:40s

At least its not a Toyo.

:eek:

True LOL. you could be a MR2 fan or something.:p

Cars lookin good needs a good clean up though. I see fake wood trim, is that thing have the Ghia sport Package on it? Too bad you don't have the tilt up/take out glass sunroof on it, or the T-bar roof with the lift off glass panels, always liked the look of the T-bar roofs on the Mustang II's.

Cars lookin good needs a good clean up though. I see fake wood trim, is that thing have the Ghia sport Package on it? Too bad you don't have the tilt up/take out glass sunroof on it, or the T-bar roof with the lift off glass panels, always liked the look of the T-bar roofs on the Mustang II's.

The early Cobras had the same steering wheel, shifter, e-brake and tray as the normal cars. Some had center consoles some did not. This was a white/blue stripe with black interior and a auto trans, first batch made, hardly rare though they sold tons of these things. Manual trans, other colors came later. 77 Cobras got the sport wheel and the column, shifter, e-brake were always black. I stripped a 77 years ago and have all the blacked out stuff for it, should look better.

I also have a T-top roof with glass. Adds alot of weight to the car and weakens it. I could see twisting the car even with the mild plant in there now. Only hatch models could get the T-tops. Don't know if I will ever use it in anything.

I would love to get the crank moon roof for my notch back. No glass just a old fashion metal crank back. Don't think the pop-up take out came till the 79 Fox body.

conti outta left field!!!!
yup MR2 luv but i aint drove it in over a year, so that love is fading its fun when it runs but sux when it dont and the "help" on mr2 sites suck, everyone says "get the big green book" (toyota factory service manual) i downloaded a copy and still theres no help there, i did all the tests and it says its ok but once it warm up she shuts off......no test for that :mad:

yup MR2 luv but i aint drove it in over a year, so that love is fading its fun when it runs but sux when it dont and the "help" on mr2 sites suck, everyone says "get the big green book" (toyota factory service manual) i downloaded a copy and still theres no help there, i did all the tests and it says its ok but once it warm up she shuts off......no test for that :mad:

have you checked all the ignition solenoids and relays? if they are plastic and too close to something that gets hot it might cause an open circuit if the heat causes it to expand?

02asdf.....that's actually a pretty decent looking mustang II, i like where what i assume the oil pressure etc. cluster is in the glovebox...bravo buddy

have you checked all the ignition solenoids and relays? if they are plastic and too close to something that gets hot it might cause an open circuit if the heat causes it to expand?

yeah ive checked, and rechecked everything, thing is when it gets hot it shuts off, turn the key off and back on and it will start right up but only run for a few secs after that(see vid start, die restart and dies at the end again, and im holding the idle up to prove to the mr2 morons its not a idle issue) something getting hot cant cool down that fast. theres a kid out near chicago that has one like mine (but running) and im gonna pull a bunch of parts off of mine and swap them onto his car and see what makes it die
MySpaceTV Videos: MR2 issues by chicken
*edit why does it double post my vids?*

reminds me of the one from the movie Starman!!!

200.jpg

Yeah but that Cobra was hacked with the louvers, spoiler and bumpers blacked out. Might not have been a Cobra to start. I remember seeing it and something with the interior was wrong too, I don't think it had the brushed aluminum dash. Those steel wheels suck too.

The CobraII was in quite a few things.

punched .04? thats barley even honed!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I missed this thread. I have a buddy who was trying to drop the 390 from his 67 fastback into is stang II LFMAO They are wheelie machines!

punched .04? thats barley even honed!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I missed this thread. I have a buddy who was trying to drop the 390 from his 67 fastback into is stang II LFMAO They are wheelie machines!

You can .06 a 302, makes 311. I had one, didn't build it, in another MustangII of mine. Got it out of a fairmont, some hippy built it. Actually most of the bolt ons are from that car. The hippy built it kinda stock I built it up but it was getting tired. So it got parted for this build.

390, ehh. I have a 351W in one and thats only alittle wider than a 302, barely fit, had to tweak stuff.

I have a 70 351C that would be fun in there but don't want to hack firewalls. Heads are huge.

yeah I dont know if he ever got the 390 in there. Last I saw he had dropped the 302 back in it, but that was years ago!

yeah I dont know if he ever got the 390 in there. Last I saw he had dropped the 302 back in it, but that was years ago!
Hell, a 390 weighs almost as much as a Mustang II--he probably couldn't find springs to keep the front end from being permanently bottomed out. :D

fuel pump crapping out on you maybe?

Got this thing up and runnin about a month ago. Swapped the rear springs with a newer set I had laying around. Caltracs custom fitted to the stock perch with 9/16" U-bolts and all factory rubber and such was ditched. No more axle twist. Still have fine tuning but jetting up 4 sizes was the major turning point in getting runnin good. The 670 Holly Street Avenger is supposed to be "out of box" ready. With the tiny jets it has in it out of the box my car would hardly run. Adding a regulator was a must, bigger jets were a must, a more aggressive acelerator pump cam seems to eliminated the quick throttle hit hesitation, still toying with secondary springs.

Its been fun to play with. Heres a couple pics from today.

CobraII 1.jpg

CobraII Caltracs.jpg

CobraII rear.jpg

CobraII under.jpg

Members online

Back